KUTCH Virtual Tasting with Jamie Kutch, This Friday @ 5PM PT/ 8PM ET

Don’t have it. Jamie’s offering came while I was building up to surgery.

Doh, forgot about this. I should have waited 24 hours.

I’m IN! In addition to a '16 McDougall Pinot, I too will have another glass from my bottle of brandy which we cracked a few weeks ago - terrific stuff!

I posted my picture earlier so I will stick to discussing the wine.

Tonight I Coravined a 2011 Savoy Vineyard. Sharp nose and tart fruits on the first sip with no wait time. 45 minutes later this wine evolved wonderfully. Brilliantly smooth and lush consistent with previous aged Kutch Pinot Noirs, the flavors were savory plums that paired wonderfully with Cyress Creek Humbolt Fog cheese you can find in most any cheese shop. Light and enjoyable on the nose these wines are a treat for most any palate. Based on recent sampling of aged (8 - 10 year) entry level Kutch wines, I highly recommend pairing them with savory food. The wines are really nice and can stand on their own but when paired with rich foods they really sparkle.

For tomorrow night, it will be Coravin again (but hopefully poured 45 min in advance), I will start with the 2012 Sonoma Coast and pair it with some fresh grilled chorizo.

With Frank opening a 2013 Falstaff, I will probably Coravin a 2011 Falstaff (I believe my last one) to compare with his '13.

I see Jeff will be pouring a 2010 McDougal. I had one ~10 days ago and it was spectacular. I hope your shows similarly.

Cheers!

Found my last 2012 Falstaff.

Starting on this tonight, in prep for tomorrow. [cheers.gif]
20200326_180656.jpg

Do I sense a mini vertical coming tomorrow night?

We’re getting there…

Just a tech question Frank (or anyone else)…

I hope to join tomorrow night. If you have like 30+ participants, how does the Zoom software handle that? No way that 30 poeple can be on the video at the same time, right? If they can, that is awesome…

Phil, the Zoom tool will partition the cameras across the screen. You should be able to arrange your view based on a few display arrays, whether you want to tile it or just view as a single person view. My sense is we will have a good turnout tomorrow and so we’ll just find our way through it.

So do I need to download this ZOOM softwear? Not familiar…any help is appreciated…

I downloaded the Zoom app to my iPad, but you can just click the link from a PC so far as I know.

Len, the way I did it when the WB series started last week was to just click on the link, then allow your computer to do its thing. For everyone, if this is your first pass at Zoom, I’d strongly encourage you join early and do the downloading 10 mins or so prior to start. We’re not going to be able to troubleshoot IT issues so just do the best you can. You may see some prompts during the install. to include things like ‘join with computer audio’ etc.

Hmm, 2012 Sonoma Coast Pinot and 2014 Santa Cruz Chardonnay…

I have a 2016, but I think someone else does as well.

Paul, drink what makes you happy right now, even what is convenient. Tonight is about fellowship, fun and friends.

Will open a 2009 Falstaff tonight …

2013 Sonoma Coast here

Late entry with a 2014 Chardonnay.

Robert

FM3 - Hope to join tonight. Opening a '16 Chardonnay