La Pelle Offer Out

Thanks Maayan- and welcome. Love the labels and am very interested in the three SVDs as I don’t believe I have ever had these vineyards as standalone.

How would you compare these to your regular Cabernet and the reserve?

I ended up grabbing three of each, which is a typical purchase without having a core knowledge of the vineyard and final profile (and for $125 it makes it an easy decision). I am sure all three can drink early or late but what is your recommendation on the three?

1 Like

:+1:
Appreciate the mixed (intro pack) option to try all three wines.
I’ll be doing that on the 17th.

1 Like

Ryan
The wines are terrific and by the time you’ll get them they will be almost a full year in bottle testing and recovered from bottling.
I find them very different but with some vintage similarity. The structure and the density of each one of them is different but they all have the ripe tannins of the vintage with nice acidity to accompany the sweetness and structure☺️
Thanks for the support in La pelle! Cheers

Thank you. Look forward to it.

Crossing fingers for mine

Super pumped for these.

Hi Maayan - I signed up for Ground level and understand i would getting the mixed 3 pack. Is there option to order more of SVD in 3packs?

This made me purchase. Thank you for the descriptions!

Grabbed a 3 pack of Alluvium

Got a couple 3-packs, excited! Always appreciate Maayan popping in with the insight…much appreciated!

Bought a mixed 3-pack. Can’t wait to try!

2018 reserve offer is out, $525/3-pack, thinking about it…

I was lucky enough to taste the 2018 reserve and it is excellent. Extremely well built with high complexity, dark fruits multiple layers that you can taste what I assume are the integrated vineyard expressions- very well made and in his style of letting the vineyard do the work vs over manipulation (IMO) . My only caveat would be the need to hold them in the cellar for a few years (not that I won’t open one early) but I will try and hide them from my wine ADHD. He didn’t raise the price again this year which I truly appreciate and am taking advantage of.

1 Like

Just placed my first order with La Pelle this morning. While I loathe minimum bottle orders, and La Pelle’s is SIX bottles unlike many that are three, I appreciate that they gave me a 3 x Cab and 3 x Sauv Blanc order option instead of six of each wine. Both are 2021. Never having tasted a La Pelle wine and with what relatively little we know about 2021s in bottle, what should I expect? I’m looking forward to them, to be sure.

2 Likes

I tasted both and the are excellent. Very high acid wines that need some time though.

1 Like

Good to know, Zachary, thanks. How do they compare to Di Costanzo wines? To me, those also require a decent amount of time.

Different from Dico but still need a healthy decant for sure.

The wines are super high quality excellent QPRs. While he is the head of Melka consulting projects his style leans towards more of a Napa with a more structured approach in winemaking style Vs fruit forward over extracted (like a Napa/Bordeaux hybrid) with incredible depth and complexity, solid fruit yet the structure for both aging and food enjoyment. These are not a Caymus or Austin Hope type wines rather well made beautifully crafted wines with a ton of enjoyment now and later.

FYI General ‘21 Napa vintage comment: if made right, they are well built wines needing a bit of time to settle down but already gorgeous.

5 Likes

Ryan is indeed 100% correct!

I almost missed the current offer in my gmail “promotions” folder, order for the 2021 Cab in!

2 Likes