La Rata

I agree with Sean’s note 100% other than the depth and long finish. To use a pointed analogy the bottle we had started like a 98- (nose and initial attack on the palate), but finished like an 88 (back palate and finish)

Thanks for the note, Scott. The way you describe it, I’m inclined to believe it needs to lay down for a year or two more. I tend to associate clipped finishes and weak back-end palate presence to wines that are too young.

just got the email that another vintage of this will be coming out 9/21/2016

What was pricing/options like last time?

$75.00 and they cut off orders at 2 bottles I think

Sounds like demand exceeded supply again. I received the same two bottle allocation as last year - happy to get what I did.

Must have gotten lucky this year, got what I asked for. Three bottles.

I’ve been waiting for this offer for about a year. When I went to place an order I find out that they don’t ship to Texas :angry:

Only put in for 1 this year because at this point I have Washington wine coming out the ears.

It looks like Greg got what would have been my #2. You’re welcome.

Asked for 6 because, hey they offered 8. Wound up with 3 after getting 2 last year.
My offline wine cellar is really enjoying Washington wines, especially the Syrah’s.
Last weekend was the Cayuse Boat Day. Dana and I in the background.
2007 & 2011 God Only Knows
2004 & 2013 En Cerise
2010 Cailloux
2011 En Chamberlin
2012 Flying Pig
2010 & 2013 Bionic Frog
Cayuse Boat Day.jpg
Cayuse Boat Day2.jpg

4 bottles each person :wink:

I think GOK only started in 2005? Did you mean 2011?

How were they???

Yep. 2011. They were all tasting great, but for the entire group, the 2007 GOK and 2004 En Cerise fell short to the newer vintage wines. We have consumed quite a few vintages from 2009 and newer and prefer the vibrancy of the wines when new. Need to try a few other aged bottles (8+ years) and see if these were off bottles.

Time to revive this old thread. I received my “save the date” email from Full Pull for this year’s La Rata offering. Only was allocated one bottle last year. What did you guys get, and who is ordering this year?

Not directly answering your question, but I opened a 2013 La Rata over the weekend. It’s certainly unique and one can imagine, with it being a blend of Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon. It was very good. I’d contrast it with Cayuse wines in that is has a concentration and elegance more akin to the No Girls lineup than Cayuse wines. More acidity as well. There was an interesting interplay of the savory and herbal side of Grenache with the darker fruit of Cab. The Grenache was more pronounced. It was still early in the drinking window, too.

Thanks for the note Brandon, with such limited supply of these I’m hesitant to drink the couple I have at the wrong time, plus the label really pops in the cellar. Makes sense that it would align more with No Girls with Elizabeth in control of both projects as I understand.

Had the 15 with friends recently. Way more WW rocks than Priorat. That’s not a bad thing in my book, it was a very good wine that I will keep buying. Based on a sample size of one, just don’t expect Priorat. Peace.

Curious how many bottles folks have requested and were ultimately allocated in prior years. I’m hoping to get 3 of them this year but don’t know if I have to aim really high (like 12) and hope it gets cut to 3, or what the appropriate strategy is.

Allocated one first year. Two second year. Requested 3 or 4. Cheers.

This will be my first year requesting an allocation and will request 2. I purchased a 15 and a 16 from a member here and am excited to get into these at some point.

The way full pull does it, whether you request 12 or 3, it wouldnt matter. They give people what they’ve been allocated in previous years then go through the list adding 1 wine per customer before starting at the top again and adding a 2nd wine if requested and so on, as they say they “favor breadth over depth”. Last year was my first and I requested 3 and received 1, hoping for a 2nd this year.