La Rata

Very helpful, thanks. Looks like I may get 2 this year!

I have been buying La Rata since it was first offered, I usually get an allocation of 2 bottles no matter what I order.

Was bumped up to 2 this year, sounds like that’s where I’ll stay. Was thinking of opening my first this weekend to celebrate, any notes on drinking them young?

I also got 2 this year!

I’ve bought every year of this wine, and still not sure what to think of the wine. One thing I do know, is I wouldn’t open one right away, unless you have 3. I think they need plenty of time.

New La Rata offer is out today.

Order in to keep the vertical going.

Happy to see they kept me at my allocation of 2 even though I haven’t bought much else this past year due to the border closure.

Allocation held at 2 though I’ve requested 3 the last two years. I’m not complaining.

Had the 2016 at a Priorat/Gigondas tasting with buds last Thursday. Based on how much wine was left in the bottle at the end of the night La Rata was wine of the night but I don’t think anyone would admit it. Cheers.

They sent out a notice last year saying allocations are going to those who buy from them all year. I havent bought from FP in a year, so didn’t bother asking for one.

Got 3, a decrease after 4 in each of the last 4 years. Never sure about Paul’s algorithm and whether asking for more would get more (i.e. if I wanted 4 again, I should request 5 or 6?).

Have a vertical going back to '12 so I’m “pot committed” I guess. Glad that after the $5 jump from '12 to '13 there has’t been a continued rapid rise in price (up $1 each of the last 2 years after 4 years of no change).

Have really enjoyed the ones I’ve opened ('12, '14, & '16 moreso than '13).

Annual order in, this year was the first I received two allocated.

As far as consumption goes, I had the '15 a couple years ago and absolutely loved it. We opened the '16 a month or so ago and while it had a similar flavor profile, it was as if the volume had been turned down to 7. Anyone have this experience? And at what age are people typically consuming these?

After sampling different years of this wine, I feel they needs lots of time. I think your assessment is right. 6-7 years seams right. Every time I’ve opened one with only a couple years on it, Iam not sure I agree with the reviews

1 Like

Got three up from two allocated in previous years but I’ve been buying more from Full Pull the last year so maybe that helped.

First year with FullPull and seem to be lucky with 3 allocated, have 3 cases of wines waiting for shipping (from purchases last 3 months)…have one bottle of 2015 in cellar from auction with plans to open over the holidays!