LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I got in on the Brunello. Seemed like an ez buy. Been impressed with the offerings and Cory’s customer service as he works through some of the tech issues. The Montelena was tempting, but trying to cull $50+ purchases

1 Like

Montelena gone!

Now, Delectus 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville for $30.

Any experience with the Delectus?

bummed I missed out on the Montelena.

Yeah, I was debating how mny bottles to get when I refreshed the page to Delectus. Only lasted about 30 minutes.

I have had a couple of bottles, although not the 2003. Any other vintage and I would jump on this, but very few 2003s have really wowed me.

I love Delectus but have not had the 03. It’s a good price though.

Challenge for me is I don’t want to pay shipping so I am only buying things i want 6 or more of. If I could aggregate my purchases to get the free shipping or do will call I’d be buying more of these wines. The fact that I can’t is probably a good thing.

I got some of the Montelena – which, I think, means that Jorge gets $20 credit…

Wish I would have pulled the trigger on the Montelena when I had the chance.

I too wish you could bundle a few offers together to get free shipping; however, shipping charges seem to be reasonable at least.

Any thoughts on the Domaine de la Janasse 2006 VDP Terre de Bussiere? I’m a huge fan of Janasse, but never had this line.

Years ago I went to an offline where the wines were served double blind. I id’d a bottle of 2001 Ch Montelena as corked before it was unveiled however very few if any of the other attendees agreed. Take that for what it’s worth… not much. I own a few bottles of this wine but haven’t opened one myself.

It’s over now, replaces with 2000 Clos Pegase. CT only has one note since 2009, and that was last year. The average CT drinking window was through last year. Thoughts?

Bad vintage that is now eleven years old. EASY pass.

+1

This was the vintage that started the TCA debate from Laube and the winedictator. He gave the wine 69pts

From Winespectator:

“Barrett acknowledged that the winery was battling TCA after Wine Spectator showed him lab tests done this summer that indicated some Chateau Montelena Cabernets, including the 2001 and 1997 Montelena Estate bottlings, had low levels of TCA.”

Chateau Montelena in Napa Valley has undertaken a major renovation of its cellar after discovering that both the winery and its wines have been contaminated by TCA (2,4,6 trichloranisole), a chemical compound responsible for the off-flavors in corky wines.

Winemaker Bo Barrett said Chateau Montelena, best known for its Cabernet Sauvignons and Chardonnays, began testing its facility for a possible TCA problem in 2002. Recent vintages had repeatedly shown a musty character, he said, which the winery believed came from TCA-tainted corks.

Barrett admitted that it is likely that TCA was part of the winery’s “house style” and that it was present in most of the wines at a low level. TCA “may have been one of the components of our wines dating back to the 1970s,” he said, “especially when the wines weren’t fruity.”"

Anyone ever had the Baldacci?

Yes, great in great years.

I know that LastBottle is still new but my initial experience is that customer service is pretty much non-existent. You place orders and they go into some black hole with no information on shipping. I like the offerings but hope the customer service gets a lot better.

1 Like

They have a contact e-mail, and I know they have been posting on this board quite a bit. I haven’t ordered anything from them yet, but have you tried to reach them and been unsuccessful?

I have emailed them unsuccessfully but will keep trying as I am waiting for a shipment and hope to get it before the weather turns hot. I will give them the initial benefit of the doubt as they maybe have growing pains but it would be nice to hear something is or isn’t shipping from your order after more than a week. (or at least respond to emails).