LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Hi Greg! Thank you for the order.

The order was placed on the 14th (Sat) and we wrote you on the 16th (Monday) to confirm that you wanted the order to ship. You replied that night and said that the weather was good in IL and for us to ship. It was then shipped and a tracking number should have been automatically sent to your email (I can resend if it did not arrive).

We then got an email from you yesterday around 9pm and haven’t quite had time to respond but will do so this morning.

Cory-
Seeing as you would like to discuss the details of my specific shipment here instead of personal/business email, no email response was ever sent back to me after I asked for the shipment to go out before the weather turns hot so, yes, I would like to have an email with shipping details sent to me. I would have been more than willing to update this post saying that I had been contacted and everything was handled properly.Thanks.

I have placed 2 orders and both times received an email the next business day, Cory has also responded to a few email questions promptly.

Same experience. Cory has been on the ball, even with the early technical issues.

Perhaps your spam blocker snagged it?

How about the Snuggie used in today’s Phelps offer? Nice touch IMO

If only I was a big Cab fan. Seems like these are pretty good deals. But I’ll defer to the cab crazies on that one.

Thoughts on the phelps cab? Can get current vintage at Costco for about $12 more, so just wondering how the 03 compares.

I’m wondering if they’ll have any sweet wines on the website. Most of the deal websites don’t really have them… I guess they might be hard to push. Although if the price was low enough…

My wife loves phelps so I pulled the trigger on a 6-pack (free shipping). This is probably in its ideal drinking window, but should be for short-term consumption. I generally find phelps to be consistent year-to-year with its key characteristics holding true.

2001 Girard prop red $19.
get to it.

On your recommendation, I just did.

Well, I liked the '03 better than the '04 (though the critics preferred the '04). I got my order in (and already received the wine this morning!)

Good wine at a great price.

Has anyone had this wine recently? Original WS notes say to drink by 2009. Is it drinking well still or past its prime?

is there a Will Call option for this company? i checked the FAQs on the site and there was no mention.

I remember Cory mentioning that this might be an option in the future but isn’t available at the moment.

Here is another vote for local pickup! flirtysmile

Picked up a 6 pack. Strange it showed no shipping charges no matter the type of delivery, so I picked overnight. Once I sent the payment, shipping charges came up. Not much, so I’m not complaining, just strange.

Never mind, glitch in their system, Cory promptly took care of it.

Missed out on the Girard. Had it in my cart, chickened out, then went back, but too late. Oooops.

I would say load up on the Reignac if you are a fan of the modern, ripe Bordeauxs…or Cali Cab.

Sorry J. I got the last 4 bottles… It’s the second time I have ordered and the second time I got the last few bottles…