Latest Horsepower release doesnt seem that popular

I dont get how my post is an attack on Horsepower, several people have offered their allocation with no takers. With regards to my practices on CC i will challenge anyone who has actually had a transaction with me to please post if i ever been less than honest or not fulfilled a deal in any way. I dont care if reselling a wine bought from someones elses unwanted allocation offends, if you dont like it dont sell your allocation. I have never questioned the dozens of people who have shared my allocations.

Im aware a portion of berserkers hate anyone who actually thinks independently and even more shockingly can want a wine only to find out they dont like it.

What i dont get is what ive done to Dave, i just stated facts

I can confirm this release is not as popular as it’s been in the past. I could not find a taker for my allocation which has historically been an easy thing to do. Not sure what the issue is but for me the price point is a bit high.

IMG_8260.GIF

The model is changing. The industry is changing. There really aren’t flippable wines any longer. Things will have to be priced for the consumer rather than the investor. This is only the beginning.

To me, it seems be a reflection of a few things:
Wines are priced at the point where they are no longer “easy flips”; that seems to be an effort to exclude those looking to make a quick buck from being on the buying list.
Wines are above or just below a point where they are in the same realm of long-standing classic producers from France so some will not spend their money.

Have to remember that Horsepower is the high end of Cristophe’s brands. I did not take my HP allocation, but did take all of my No Girls and will continue to buy Cayuse as well despite my advancing age. The fact that $$ cannot be made with a quick flip does not mean the wines will not be worth more in time.

All of his wines are exceptional, and are a steal compared to SQN, Chave, or Guigal La La’s at release prices.

I took No Girls, and I just made Cayuse last year. I got an HP offer and passed because I prefer other wines at that price (Alban, any number of Cote-Rotie and Cornas). I’m sure I’d love the wine, but it’s just a bit more money than I wanted to spend on it.

No horse in this race but would observe the words “hate” and “hater” are too often inappropriately used these days.

Totally agree. I hate that too

Perhaps we ought to change the title to “Latest Horse$hit…”?

+1

Ah, the legend of the OP continues to get burnished in the wine forum community. He left the Wine Spectator forum in a huff b/c of getting called out for his repeated begging for then highly allocated releases. He was rightfully lambasted for trying to flip one at a cost above the allocation price, with an excuse that it didn’t fit his palate. No attempt whatsoever at paying it forward to someone else on the forum, by offering it at the same allocation price he’d paid plus shipping.

Well done. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve noticed that too. As an example, SQN’s price on auction is similar to winery direct prices(with the exception of 100 EBA ones which still flip for double). We all know about Harlan. Yes, it seems like flipping is becoming a thing of the past which will mean waiting lists will shrink(if not disappear) and the ‘I want what I can’t have’ buying impulse will disappear as well. Will the wine pricing model bubble then burst? If I were a winery I’d be getting nervous right about now…

I never bought the wine to flip and have really enjoyed the HP Syrah we have tasted. This year though funds are for wines I can’t live without.

Im sure this will be reported back on the wine vagina forum that ER refers to, im not going to get into the old arguments, i will say that the wine vagina members are elitist and exclusionist if you dont kiss their ass. A lot of them like Jorge B behave very civilly on berserkers but some like erpark just look to flame two year bullshit because they have nothing better to do

Really?

Time moves on, but some things never change.

The only BS here is you who constantly ask for advice on flippable allocations, and offer nothing of substance in return. That shtick grew tiresome for the WS forum, and the WB forum doesn’t have much patience for that either. You’ve been rightfully called out by forumites of both boards. But it’s never your fault, huh?

Thing is, with Trump talking about breaking up the EU and raising tariffs, it might make Euro wines more expensive and we might have to drink the Great American wines instead [barf1.gif]

And which would those be (if you don’t mind sharing)?