Le Cache - Looking for dealer recos, promos

Thanks for the heads-up on this cabinet. I have been looking for a larger front-venting wine fridge to build into custom cabinets in our kitchen. Without going with the very expensive models from SubZero, VinoTemp seemed to be the only option for this style fridge - and after this thread I will never buy VinoTemp.

Let me see what i can do about pics.

Thanks for the review, Anders.

Jeb, just an option for you. I have a dreaded vino temp about that size and to solve the burgundy bottle problem, I simply remove a few shelves and stack all my chard just like you would in a eurocave. It’s a bit of a pain if I am digging for a bottle of Alesia vs tous esem, but it’s easy enough to do.

I just made a shelf in the top for chard, for rose, and for other white, and stack the bottles accordingly. I do the same on the bottom for Pinot and turley.

I just wanted to clarify what I posted about the issue I was having. To be more specific the problem was with an exhuast fan, there was no airflow in or out of the vents. There was no issue with the cooling of the inside of the cabinet. The inside temp of the cooler was always correct. It was only excessively hot externally.

you lost me at “stack.” That’s the last thing I want to do. However, I do appreciate the suggestion.

Not wanting to stack was why I chose the LeCache over the EuroCave. Jeb I just sent you a number of pics. Hopefully they show what you are looking for.

I did get the pics, much appreciated. Looks pretty functional, and even if the fit is tight, as long as burgundy bottles fit and don’t diminish capacity, then it seems like a winner. Dual zone isn’t all that important to me, but maybe that’s just because I’ve never had that.

The dual zone is nice but wasn’t the reason I got it either. Burgs will cut down on capacity I will see how many i can get on one shelf…actually got 10 not bad

What really attracts me to the product is the customer service. I’ve never had a Le Cache, but knowing the customer service is top notch really pushes this to the top.

For me, a $4,000 piece of wine furniture is not practical, with a 6 yr old, 3 yr old and soon newborn in the house. I need something I can put in the corner of a room that won’t be in the way and won’t get beat on. Seems like this fits the bill.

Customer service was also a deciding factor for me, and it paid off! I had concerns after reading some other accounts of a well respected brand and well known distributor not following through on damaged deliveries and malfunctioning components.

I can chime in and say that, though delivery was an adventure, to say the least, once Le Cache directly got involved, which took a bit, any concerns were taken care of promptly and completely and my unit has been running fine for about eight months now, knock wood. It’s still a little bit louder than I expected–I have a large cabinet unit and it’s significantly louder than a standard fridge–but we’ve gotten used to it and it’s not in a room where it needs to be quiet. I’d, personally, be hesitant to put it in a room where you watch TV or listen to music (and we have a great room, so we’ve actually got two regular fridges in our main TV-viewing area without issue), but other than that, no complaints.

All, can you share your experience with wood issues around the lock. I think Todd mentioned that he may have had humidity issues at first. The wood veneer chipped above and below the lock.

I have a LeCache Vault in my garage. Unit has higher insulation and made to place in a spot with higher ambient temperatures. I had some humidity issues on the center bar of unit between the two doors. It was fixed with a piece of insulation molding. Only when it rains do I ever have problems with condensation on the locks. Otherwise I’ve been very happy with the unit.

I have a 3800. I did manage to get a “free shipping” deal 8 years ago. It is huge. When we moved 3 years ago, I hired piano movers to get it into my basement. It took 3 people and a lot of encouragement. My wife says the only way it’s ever leaving is as firewood. The unit is well built and the racking holds all sizes of bottle. I am on my second cooling unit. The first failed right after the warranty ran out, but that’s a whole different discussion.

No issues with my Contemporary 2400 that I’ve had for about 4.5 years. Looks as good as new. I believe Todd’s issues ended up getting resolved in future units, but I don’t remember the details.

Thanks Sean! For everyone, has anyone tried adding custom led strip lighting around their cabinet? Not the standard issue like from le cache?

Also how often. Does the filter need replacing? Thank you!

Never have thought about any extra lighting. The lighting that comes inside the unit is so dim and useless, I really don’t know why it is a standard item with purchase. My unit is in the garage, and I change the filter every 6 months. When I change the filter, it looks barely used. If you are putting this unit in your home, I believe replacing every year would be more than sufficient

Thanks Dennis! (At least in the garage, you don’t need reinforcement for your floor.) For others that may be storing indoors or in a living area, did you add a thin mat or other floor protection (hardwood floors)?

I don’t even have the built-in light plugged in. Because there’s a plug for the light, you could easily plug in an RGB LED strip if you wanted. I briefly considered it, but never bothered.

Ours is directly on the [engineered] hardwood with nothing below. Wise? I dunno. But that’s how it is…