Lets play...I HAVE NEVER...

[/quote]

I went to Brandeis. Manischewitz and Baron Herzog doesn’t come in a bag.
[/quote]

Small world, my sister went to Brandeis and I went to Bentley.

I’ll second (third?) these:

A Bordeaux first growth
Grand cru Burgundy
A 100 point wine (by any reviewer)

Although I have a few 100 pointers in my cellar, thanks to 2015 Brunellos and James Suckling. I think he nailed the 2015 Argentiera at 99 points so hoping he’s just “on” that vintage in Tuscany.

I’ll add that I’ve never had Cristal, and kick myself for missing it at Costco for $200.

This all seems very one-sided. I’m going to have to drink an awful lot. If people keep posting, I shall have to open a fourth bottle!

Never have I ever had

Grand cru Burgundy
First Growth Bordeaux
Any Amarone
Any wine older than 2000

Thankfully, I have 3 out of 4 in the cellar currently, just waiting for the right time to drink them.

I’ve got all DRC knocked off my list(except Batard) thanks to a Beltramo tasting of all the 2008’s. Haven’t had the Monty or RC since.

I have never had:

Latour, Haut-Brion, Petrus, Le Pin, or Cheval Blanc
Bolly VVF, Clos des Goisses, Krug CdM or CdA
Rousseau Chambertin, Henri Jayer, La Tache, or Romanee Conti
Conterno Monfortino or Giacosa “Red Label”
Screagle, Harlan, Bond, or Marcassin
Hommage à Jacques Perrin, Hermitage La Chapelle , Rayas, or Juge

Dry white wine older than 1981 (that was enjoyable)
Dry red wine older than 1950
Dessert wine older than 1946
Madeira older than 1863

Being an elder POS (66), I’ve had pretty much every European wine mentioned above except Krug CdAmbonnay. The only one that comes to mind that I’ve never had is Bartolo Mascarello Barolo. Given that I’ve been drinking/tasting seriously for 40+ years, I might have and just don’t remember!

I’ve never had any of the cult Napa Cabs: SE, Harlan, etc. Can’t say I have any desire to try them unless someone opened a bottle.

I’ve never had '51 or 58 BV Reserve, or '41 Inglenook Cab (I have held a bottle). 60s vintages of those? Plenty.

Regarding the Jayer comments, y’all really don’t want to know what I paid for them. I used to own different wines from the 1978-81 vintages. I drank them, none left.

Jayer
DRC Montrachet
Chave Cathelin
Gentaz
Monfortino
Petrus/LePin
Roumier Musigny

I think that’s the obvious list, though I’m sure I’m missing quite a few things. A lot of the Burgundy has been crossed off the list via Paulee dinners (small pours, but at times spectacular ones), and some of the wines I listed I have zero interest in chasing (Petrus, DRC Monty, Cuvee Cathelin). I haven’t had Trollat either, but is that high end enough?

Oh, there’s tons of Napa Cab/GSM stuff that I have zero interest in that I’m missing, but as Peter says in Office Space, “I wouldn’t say I’ve been missing it”.

Whatever floats your boat .
I have never done naughty things to/with a wine bottle .

Robert, you appeared to have misspelled Allemand Sans Soufre. It’s not spelled “Juge”.

Petrus
Le Pin
DRC (RC)
Jayer

There are many things I haven’t had but La Tâche is the main one I really would like to try.

Rats. I meant to say,”Yuuuge”.

[cheers.gif]

I’ve never had Grand Cru Burgundy older than about 2012, and that was twice, two sips total.
I’ve never had a glass of a First Growth; one ounce of 2000 Latour and a tiny sip of 1994 Latour are my only tastes.
I’ve never had a wine older than 1982.
I’ve never had a wine from my birth year that wasn’t a PX sherry (admittedly, a terrible to mediocre year almost everywhere around the world).
I’ve never had any California Cabernet from a bottle worth more than $100 (though I have one bottle of 2014 Mount Eden, it was about $100 CAD).
I’ve never had aged ( >10 years ) Riesling.

I have a lot to catch up on.

I have never had . . .

Petrus
Le Pin
DRC (any)
Jayer
Comte de Vogue Musigny
Red Label Giacosa
Jean-Louis Chave Ermitage Cuvée Cathelin
Screaming Eagle

On the other hand, in my cellar I have lots of

Scarecrow
SQN Next of Kyn

So if you want to open bottles to reduce your list, I will put up a Scarecrow from the vintage of your choice back to 2005 or any of the last 4 or 5 years or so of NOK if you will put up one of my missing wines.

In the spirit of the brotherhood of wine drinkers, I will not respond with “. . . a good Loire Cab Franc.”

I’ve only had La Tâche once, and it was with eggs. For breakfast.

Selosse
Goodfellow
Added…

From a combination of getting into wine when I was just 22 back in 1993 and, more important, being fortunate enough to have been able to drink with many extraordinarily generous people, there are very few wines that have been mentioned that I haven’t been able to try. The only three wines I can think of that I haven’t been able to experience that I’d really like to try are well-aged DRC RC and Montrachet and 1971 Giacosa red label.

If things fall into place just right, but I can’t give more details because I do not want to have this thread moved, on January 22-24, 2021, the first weekend after January 20, 2021, if we are out of COVID jail and can meet at a restaurant in NYC that serves good steak, I will personally fill the holes in some of your experiences with a celebration including Scarecrow, SQN, NOK, 1908 Madeira and some other fun stuff.

In my original response, I took the spirit of the question to be “things I’ve never had that I am surprised I’ve never had,” hence Heitz Martha’s being the only thing I can think of.

Since we seemed to have moved on more to “wines I’d really love to try that I’ve never had,” my list would look something more like this, none of which are much of a surprise given their rarity and/or cost, and my wine budget -

Chave Cathelin
Beaucastel Hommage
DRC RC, Richebourg, or RSV
Musigny
Le Montrachet
Jayer anything
Rousseau Chambertin or Beze
Any Roumier Grand Cru
Any Coche blanc
Monfortino
Petrus
Unico
Rayas CdP rouge
Krug Rose and any of the Krug special cuvees
Tokaji Essencia
Chave vin de paille
Any dry wine older than 1945 (a 1928-1929 mini-vertical of a great Bdx château would probably be first on my wish-list)
1945 Mouton
1961 and 1978 La Chapelle
Any 1959 or 1961 First Growth
1947 Cheval Blanc
1900 Margaux
1811 Yquem
1985 Gentaz
1985 Sassicaia
1975 LMHB
1941 Inglenook
1969 Chappellet
1982 Gruaud
1966 Palmer (birth-year and reputed to be the WotV)

I have a handful of the above in the cellar so I will try one at some point when the time is right. But as I also said in my original response, there’s plenty of great wine out there, and if I never have the Yquem of the comet or most of these other gems, well, that will be just fine.

I’ll drink double to those who have had Faiveley/Roumier Moose…Leflaive Monty! [drinkers.gif]