LIVE NOW! Introducing BerserkerDay NewbiePalooza!!! (NOVEMBER 17, 2021)

Todd,

I love the concept and think it will give newbies a chance to shine without having to compete with the more popular offerings. What geographic category would Washington wineries fall into?

Thanks

I would like to introduce a Newbie that focuses on imports with a very unique angle. They have an offer/angle I havenā€™t seen anywhere else in the world. Would this category be of interest?

Send them our way - this is just a framework.

Now that Iā€™ve gotten over the embarrassment-
Am I the only New Member who thought NewbiePalooza was for new members like me to get up to speed and practice for BeserkerDay, Instead of for Beserker Businesses?!?!

1 Like

If you think itā€™s a fit, send them my way

1 Like

It will be a great way to warm up your credit card before the Big Show in January!

My kids donā€™t really need Christmas presents anyhooā€¦.

And youā€™ll need wine for Turkey Day!

You are not alone newhere

2 Likes

Good news for YOU ā€˜newbiesā€™ as well!

Thanks to the trusty BerserkerDay Council (sounds so freakinā€™ fancy, no?) we will have all KINDS of instructional zoom videos that will be live, with guests, and recorded, so weā€™ll have instructions for those who are participating as sellers and separate ā€˜how toā€™ videos for those hoping to ruin their marriages through credit card destruction

You may get sick of my face, but thatā€™s reality, sorry.

2 Likes

Love the idea, Todd and Council!

And also love the idea of two Berserker tasters who will post notes and join the discussion on NewbiePalooza Day. What if the tasters are less than enthusiastic about the wines they tasted? Or even really less than enthusiastic? Will those opinions be shared with the group? Hate to be a downer, but it could happen.

@Pete: if it happens it happens. But because participants are going to be recommended by trusted parties - Berserkers, wine makers, good peeps - I think weā€™ll get good stuff. Iā€™m looking forward to it.

1 Like

As Rich said (fixing his missing banner now - heā€™s Council, baby!), thatā€™s how it is! One of the main reasons weā€™re going to do TWO tasters, as well. Weā€™ll be matching volunteers with the offers based on preferences, etc., and choose from that list (likely to be much longer than 60 or so) based on forum participation, notes written, etc., to make sure we have a good fit

1 Like

What a way to spend my birthdayā€¦ā€¦ blowing up my credit card!:man_facepalming:t2:

What a great idea! Iā€™m forwarding to a few peers who could be great additions.

One note: those of us in Napa are likely still deep in the throws of harvest come 10/27, which may limit the ability of some to participate.

1 Like

Who the F* came up with this stupid idea. My credit card will have just recovered from the summer order season and you want to dangle a bunch of offers under my nose.

I love it. Thanks for launching this, Todd. Iā€™m sure itā€™s more work for you, but should be a great opportunity for both the new businesses and for folks on the board!

What a great idea, Todd. That will free up some room at the frenzy of BD where some get lost. Last BD was just too overwhelming and with too many participants, so this will help for sure. I do agree with Larry, though - think all participants should have to be BerserkerBusiness members. It would entice them to participate here outside of BD only.

1 Like

Michael,

Interesting that harvest is still in play - hate to hear that, donā€™t want this to prevent participation. It wonā€™t be as crazy as BerserkerDay, on purpose, more measured, and not with the extreme madness of BD (or so I hope!). That said, should I look at another date? I have to be careful not to get too close to BerserkerDay, or even Thanksgivingā€¦

Open to suggestions, as Napa wonā€™t be the only place in the throws of harvest

Or spend twice as much.

1 Like