LIVE NOW! Introducing BerserkerDay NewbiePalooza!!! (NOVEMBER 17, 2021)

Hit them up with the idea, then send them my way!

Bumping the thread in case there are any more referrals or recommendations for Newbies. Weā€™re finalizing our list now, starting to plan the series of ā€˜to doā€™ Webinars for the Newbies so they are well educated on how this should work. Still aiming for Nov 3 so that our California winemakers wonā€™t be chest-deep in crush.

If you have winery/food companies you wish to recommend or refer, best is to email them (if you have a personal connection, which is definitely best) and copy me (todd at wineberserkers.com) or just send a PM to me, Iā€™ll forward to the BerserkerDay Council, and weā€™ll go from there.

Emailed you.

Thank you for clarifying this! I read the original post three times and scrolled through the thread before I understood what was going on. Sounds like a great event! Thanks for hosting!

Ok, one more request for referrals/suggestions on participants for NewbiePalooza. I know most wineries are chin-deep in crush right now, but we canā€™t wait until the last minute to sign up participants, so itā€™s best to get them early, as weā€™ll be starting the instructional videos early next month, getting everyone up to speed, and we need to get the preview tastings/samples out at least 2 weeks before the event.

Please feel free to reach out to me with your suggestions on who might benefit, and itā€™s best if you make the introduction yourself, and copy me (todd at wineberserkers.com) so I can take it from there, while including the BerserkerDay Council.

Todd - interested in food/drink related companies outside of wine? I know you have those types participate in the traditional event in January.

Yes, we have a few already in the queue - send them on

Why always the weird dates? KISS: make the days easy to remember, Nov 1, Jan 30ā€¦

Love this!

Excited to that this is noob friendly. Side requestā€¦ for forum noobs Iā€™d like to just put in a small 2 cents that I hope a glassware company like glasvin is going to participate. Iā€™ve been holding off on better stemware this year and I was thinking Black Friday or BeserkerDay would be the time to pull the proverbial trigger.

I have not been contacted by any newbie glass supplier, so you might have to wait until BerserkerDay!

1 Like

Itā€™s looking like we are heading into headwinds at every turn here, given the current state of all these wine producers at present. Crush, press, etc - the actual MAKING of wine is absolutely crazy right now, so it appears we will likely move this NewbiePalooza to January, with most of the same features, turning all of January into BerserkerDay :slight_smile:

Happy to take more thoughts on the matter, but itā€™s proving near impossible to get anyone to answer emails, agree to Webinars, etc., due to the hectic nature of the industry at the moment. In early January, we can do the NewbiePalooza intros, webinars, and those from Monopole Cru who signed up as ā€˜tastersā€™ will get their samples ahead of time. Thatā€™s where weā€™re strongly leaning at the moment.

I could very well be in the minority, but I feel like having NewbiePalooza just a few weeks away from Berserker Day somewhat of defeats the purpose of the event (i.e., really highlighting first-timers without the board favorites and just so many businesses competing with them). I might be alone in this, but I have a budget I at least try to stick to, so if I know Berserker Day is right around the corner, likely with some tried and true favorites, Iā€™m reserving a large portion of my budget (and then some) for that with much less available to take a leap of faith on a newbie. Additionally, in January, I believe people are already starting to talk about BD and who is or may be participating, so NewbiePalooza likely wonā€™t have everyoneā€™s full attention.

While I realize that certain realities mean that things canā€™t always be scheduled at the perfect time, I think that I would be more excited and spend much more at Newbie Palooza if it were at least a few months away from Berserker Day.

This is why I put it here, to get othersā€™ thoughts, so thank you.

This was my initial concern, and my goal of having it well prior of BerserkerDay. The issues with actual winemaking are seemingly getting in the way, however, so the options are to move it further down, later November or early December, or extend the Newbie Intros aspect of past BerserkerDays by having NewbiePalooza intros and such prior to BerserkerDay, but then offers on BerserkerDay.

December might work, but itā€™s getting too cold to ship many places, or perhaps not, as late January would be just as bad, and we certainly donā€™t see any issues with shipping BerserkerDay orders over the past 12 years or whatever it is (yes, lost count lol)

With regards to budget, having it during BerserkerDay would be bad, as youā€™d be less likely to spend your budget on Newbies, I am reading. That said, if NewbiePalooza was, say, early December, and you bought from that, would your BerserkerDay budget be otherwise changed as well, one month later?

Looking for the perfect solution, if there is one!

Would it be too much work if it was a rolling offer. Do one per week? It would be a nice way to give a platform to new producers and new businesses? Once you got a few in the que it would be easy to just keep them rolling.

January would certainly make it harder for Newbies to stand out, and as Jordan noted, youā€™d likely run into budget allocation considerations from many participants to both events. November would seem to be ideal if one is looking to build up hype ahead of BerserkerDay. It is reasonably close to BD to build up hype, but thereā€™s some time to cool off both the credit cards and spousesā€™ anger.

The other alternative would be to do it during the spring/summer, and I imagine winemakers are going to have more time to do webinars and interact with folks. Shipping seems to be almost a non-issue, at least as I see it. Most Berserkers donā€™t get their BerserkerDay orders for months and are ok with that. I donā€™t see how any other date would be different from that perspective.

Originally considered Spring/Summer but two factors: 1) Spring is pretty close to BerserkerDay, and the credit card bills come due, so itā€™s tougher to get more spend at that time. 2) The transition from Spring to Summer is often fast, and shipping becomes problematic in a hurry

Perhaps I move it a bit later in November, give more time for the winemakers, but not so much that we run into Thanksgiving breaks and the like?

January is dead of winter and people donā€™t seem too bummed to wait until April/May few months for their wines safely. Personally I donā€™t think purchasing wine in say July to get them delivered October would be much different.

Mid-November is probably one of the best dates.

I like Robertā€™s idea of spreading it out. One per week would likely take up an inordinate amount of the calendar up. But having a say Newbie Month (Newbie November?), where every couple of days thereā€™s a handful of featured producers get the spotlight could be cool and logistically not that different that the proposed NewbiePalooza where thereā€™s webinars and interaction with the Berserker community. Though that opens up the possibility where producers going towards the tail end of the month struggling more as excitement, and budgets die down.

Love Newbie November, just not sure I have time to do that every couple of days throughout the month :slight_smile:

I guess my initial question would be to ask how newbies did this past Berserker day. Perhaps the efforts made to isolate newbie offers this past year worked and they were quite happy with the results. If thatā€™s the case, though it would be great to have a separate day for them, perhaps they mama perhaps they could simply be part of the actual day itself?

Itā€™s a bummer that more of them were not able to get their stuff together to do this in November. Yes, it is harvest, is this harvest, but this is sales. This would help their bottom line. And I know that everyone is busy these days, but no one is too busy to make a sale ā€¦

Just my $.02 ā€¦

I prefer the idea of seeing all the offers together. As mentioned a few times, there is an internal budget for many. Later offers may suffer if the money is already spent on earlier offers

1 Like