Long Island

I didn’t bring the wine. We drank it at a friend’s house before we went out. But host at the restaurant was still a jerk.

Ephesus in Massapequa Park is $2/glass. Inexpensive Turkish food. Hot bread, cold mezzes and charred kabobs. whole branzino, too.

Hanu in Huntington has $20 corkage. Food is decent, Restaurant Week deal (ends tomorrow) is very good. Any appy, entree, and dessert from the menu for $27.95 (a few surcharges, but not many).

I do like the vibe of Hanu too. Thx

Kitchen A Bistro in St. James. Small wine and beer list, cocktails also, but no charge for corkage and very accommodating. The Trattoria, formerly Kitchen A Trattoria, also in St. James, is BYO only, no charge. Both are cash only.

Anyone tried Lost&Found in Long Beach? Excellent reviews and no charge to BYOB. Facebook says closed for vacation for November.

1 Like

Thom Thom Steak and Seafood in Wantagh. Good sushi, too. Nice glasses, very good attitude. Ask for Danny, the owner, if you need a decanter. It’s $15 for corkage. http://www.thomthomrestaurant.com/

Off the Hook Fish Market and Grill in Massapequa Park is free byo. Small, but nice looking seafood restaurant with Montauk swordfish, local flounder, wild salmon- all very fresh. We enjoyed the baked clams oreganata, flounder oreganata, cajun swordfish. Large portions. On Park Boulevard which has a ton of lights this time of year.

I missed this thread. I almost always byo when eating out. Kitchen A Bistro is my favorite as they welcome byo with no corkage charge and have very good food. Just went to Roots Bistro Gourmand in East Islip on Sunday and corkage was $12.50/bottle. Good stemware and good food and very good service. First time there and I would return. Chachama Grill in East Patchogue is very good for South American influenced creative dishes -corkage $20, and my favorite is Lake House in Bayshore for NYC quality cooking-$30 corkage.

I’ll return to this thread with other recommendations.

Haven’t been yet, but website shows Biscuits & Barbecue in Mineola is cash only and BYOB.

Highly recommended, but beer is probably the best choice. If you do bring wine, I recommend bringing your own stems if that’s what you want to drink from. I haven’t tried bringing wine there, but this is a hard core barbecue place. I’d be shocked if they had stems at all, much less good ones.

Rothmans in East Norwich charges $30 corkage . Brought 2 bottles for 4 people. They do have a high end wine list IMO. And pricey . But a pricey area.

Pho in Westbury has no corkage fee and no wine of their own. Super casual and inexpensive Viwtnamese food. They have at least 8 wine glasses. Cash only FYI.

Hendricks Tavern in Roslyn has $25 corkage

This is all true: cash only, BYOB (good attitude), no stems (plastic). So bring your own stemware. Food is good and staff is wonderful.

Autentico in Oyster Bay. Creative modern Italian in a small store front that used to be a bakery, I think. Somewhat expensive considering the informal service and atmosphere, but BYOB for now with $10 corkage fee keeps the bill manageable. Serviceable mismatched stems. I did not see any wine chillers on tables, but I think everyone had red wine. Very good pastries by the Sicilian chef.

The Trattoria in St. James is a BYOB establishment. No liquor or wine list and no charge for bringing your own. Stems seemed ok for white wine. I brought red wine stems. Very small and very good so reserve a few weeks in advance for Friday or Saturday.

I love Trattoria but tend to go to Kitchen A Bistro more - used to be same owners but they split. Lake House is closed for a month or so while they relocate.

I love both for their BYO friendly policy, but I’m more partial to Italian cooking at the Trattoria than the continental menu at Kitchen/Bistro and I’m often in the mood for their low key atmosphere.

Sushi 560 in Bethpage, across from LIRR station. All you can eat from their entire menu. Special rolls, tempura, soup, teriyaki, lots of choices, not too noisy and BYOB is no charge. Sushi is nothing special, but the price is right and service is pretty good. They have beer and one or two whites and reds, so just about every table has their own bottle on it.