Long Island

Novita in Garden City has $25 corkage. Lots of wines by the glass and wines reasonably priced so no need to BYOB IMO (unless you have something you want to open)

Opa Grille of Williiston Park (technically theyā€™re in Herricks, but I guess Williston Park sounds nicer) has good Greek food and $15 corkage. Stems are acceptable, wine list is not. I assume their Bethpage branch has the same policy but I havenā€™t checked.

Thanks. No decent Greek wines either?

The list is brief and cheap. Some California (e.g. BV Coastal Selections), and some Greek wines. There was one with a mix of Syrah, Cabernet, and some Greek variety whose name escapes me. And a pinot noir that might have been Greek (it wasnā€™t completely clear and I didnā€™t look at it that closely). Also the ubiquitous Assyrtiko. I didnā€™t recognize any of the names (not that Iā€™m all that familiar with Greek wines) and didnā€™t like what I saw in the descriptions, so stuck with what I brought.

Gotcha. My wife into some Greek wines whose names escapes me. What did you bring??

My last 2010 bottle of one of my favorite roses: Domaine les Fouques Cuvee de lā€™Aubique. It allowed me to pretend that it really is spring out there.

Trento in Farmingdale $25 corkage policy. Going Saturday. Would like to check out the wine list first to see if BYOB makes sense. Iā€™m thinking it will.

Jeffā€™s Surf and Turf in Huntington, around the corner from the Heckscher museum. Take out counter for broiled and fried fish on paper plates with picnic tables outside. On the grass, not near the water. Limited menu, but the fish is very fresh. Owner has a fish store nearby.

1 Like

Lost & Found in Long Beach was free for a year. Now welcomes byo for $20. Small with open kitchen in room and about 30 seats at tables and counters. Creative small plates. Summer menu features citrus dressings and marinated fruits. Went well with a sauvignon blanc. List mostly young Spanish wines under $40. Also craft beers and ciders. Great way to end a day at the beach.

Any follow up? I might be going next weekend.

In terms of wine list, no. I donā€™t recall anyone ordering any wine nor even opening the wine list. In terms of food, it was mostly hits with a miss or 2. Canā€™t remember what were the misses but the trofolinni was a huge hit. We ordered it as an appetizer to share-way too rich IMO for one person to eat. To me, and someone else I know who goes there a few times a year, the trofolinni is a must order. Enjoy!!

Did you byo? If so, how is attitude?

Yes we did BYOB. I do not recall any issues or the staff not being receptive. Then again, Iā€™m not a wine snob nor fussy when it comes to wine glasses (as long as they are clean), etc.

Good to know. Going to Orto in Miller Place, any recā€™s if anyone has been?

Orto in Miller Place. Same owners as Trattoria A Bistro in St. JAmes, and similar menu to The Trattoria. Rustic atmosphere with a small dining area off the entrance and a main dining room with lots of glass and exposed wood beams. Full bar with about 10 seats and a communal table, but free to BYO with nice stems provided with a smile. On a country road with an ice cream shack a few hundred feet away. Reminded me of a small town on Cape Cod.

I went to the newly relocated Lake House in Bayshore - $25 corkage with a 3 bottle per table max. Excellent all around.

Thanks for the info and glad you enjoyed.

Now my first choice for upcoming birthday dinner, thanks.

Grassoā€™s charges $25 six nights, $5 on Sunday. Good stems and attentive service. Thereā€™s live jazz most nights and an outside patio on colonial Main Street in Cold Spring Harbor. Kitchen stays open late, except Sunday. Very nice northern Italian.

Have eaten there-very enjoyable . Thx for the BYOB info