Long Island

Went to Osteria da Nino in downtown Huntington. $20 corkage. Brought a 2014 Rivers Marie Sonoma Coast Pinot. Wine good and good value IMO . Wine list not too pricey but no bargains from what I saw. Food and service good. Food not cheap but not overly expensive. Would go back for sure.

LI choices from this board listed in one place here:

Click on location tab on top for Suffolk and Manhattan.

Thanks Art!!

Did you go to Trento? Pls share any info.

Trento possible hepatitis exposure for anybody who dined in July or August.

Guajiro, new Cuban restaurant in Port Washington, has $20 corkage. If you want good stems, bring your own.

Food decent, prices reasonable.

Thanks. U still a fan of Village Wine Merchant in Sea Cliff?

Sorry, didnā€™t see this till now though I guess you saw my posting on the other thread anyway. But yes, absolutely.

Ayhanā€™s F.i.s.h. on Main in Port Washington has a very friendly $5 corkage fee.

As for the restaurant, the fish is fresh, the execution is uneven. If you get a grilled fish, specify that it shouldnā€™t be too well done and ask them not to fillet it.

Stems are adequate, unless youā€™re real fussy.

Barto in Roslyn corkage fee is $30. No idea on the wine prices in the restaurant. Might be going there this Saturday

Great place. Food, service, vibe all good. We all stuck mostly with apps and no dessert

Weā€™re meeting friends from Baldwin at the halfway point for dinner. Destination is Port Washington/Roslyn/Miracle Mile area. Looking for a BYO (corkage ok) place. Iā€™ve read the above discussion. Iā€™m surprised that there arenā€™t many suggestions in the area.

Looking for a Manhattan feel. Not interested in steaks, Chinese, or sushi. Fish and meat are ok. We eat regularly at MP Taverna in Irvington, so Iā€™m not interested in eating at their Roslyn location; but you get the idea what Iā€™m looking for.

One more thing. My cellar is top heavy in California cabs. [whistle.gif]

Thanks for the help.

Bigelowā€™s Fried Clams in business since the 30ā€™s. no corkage, no corkscrew and no stems. Fried whole belly clams and oysters good cole slaw great onion rings and Chablis is a match made in heaven. Bring wine, stems and a corkscrew, oh and bring cash no credit cards

Yeah, pickings are slim if youā€™re sticking to the PW/Roslyn area - and quite honestly donā€™t get much better until you reach Huntington.

Heirloom in Glen Head didnā€™t suck, but I havenā€™t been there in a while. As I recall, Corkage was $25 but as always itā€™s a good idea to check.
Schout Bay Tavern in Manhasset has gotten good write ups, I donā€™t know if they allow BYO.
Metro Cafe in Sea Cliff was also decent. I was there for a wine dinner, so once again donā€™t know about BYO.

Thereā€™s been a lot of turnover in the past few years, and we donā€™t go out as much as we used to (and we never got out that much). Thereā€™s probably some good ones out there, but after enough mediocre meals at restaurants with crappy wine lists, who either donā€™t allow corkage or charge exorbitant amounts, one tends to give up.

Also, be warned. If youā€™re going this weekend, itā€™s restaurant week in PW starting Sunday 10/16 and restaurant week in Huntington ending Sunday 10/16.

One more, not sure how I forgot it. Wild Honey on Main in PW is good, corkage friendly (though havenā€™t been there lately) but tiny. Reservations are essential.

Mimā€™s on Roslyn Rd is very popular. Corkage is $20, I think. My favorite shish place on LI is Ravagh Persian Grill on Mineola Blvd. in Roslyn Heights. Corkage $15 or $20. Both have parking lots and are right off LIE.

Barto, and Limani too, fit the bill for BYO with the right vibe in that area Just not sure that the food choices and wines in your cellar are a good match, and in that area. But I am not a wine afficianado by any means.

There are a couple of high-end steakhouses in that area if up your alley.

Brass Rail in Locust Valley has $25 corkage . Food really really good.

We meet friends at Da Meo on Roslyn Rd. Just off the LIE. Typical LI Italian- $20-25 corkage.

Sorry, we never went.