Los Angeles

Tra Da Noi/Malibu- $ 15 corkage…best Italian in Malibu as well.

My last visit to Houston’s in Irvine a week ago was still no corkage.

great list!
It would be nice to put in bold the $0 corkage places.
alan

Foundry on Melrose now offers free corkage!

UPDATE: Chablis now $5 for first bottle, $10 for the second and $20 for the third bottle. Up until four months ago it was $0. Not sure how much after three bottles.

Does anyone know what Eva charges? I’m eating there next week. Thanks in advance!

Spago update:

Good news: no limit on the number of bottles

Bad news: $75 per bottle fee

Guess if you are bringing wine like Jerry does, it’s still a bargain.

A Food Affair in Beverlywood free corkage. Great French food rustic style.

Mastro’s just increased their corkage to $35. This was at the Beverly Hills location, but I’m sure it applies to all their locations. A bit of a bummer, but I’m a sucker for their rib eye! Considering the $$$$$ on their wine list, I will still gladly bring my own vino.

Last time I shared a little of the '71 Latour I brought with the sommelier and waiter… and sure enough the corkage magically disappeared :wink:

Free corkage at Bella Roma on Robertson just south of Pico. http://bellaromaspqr.intuitwebsites.com/
Not bad/not great Italian food

Thanks for this recco Jacob. A number of us have since gone multiple times. As of now they still don’t charge for corkage. They have some very basic quality red wine stems, and the food is nice. The mushroom torte appie is my favorite thing there.

Spago is now $50 per bottle, and it can’t be on their list.

Providence offers no corkage on Mondays.

RAO’s Los Angeles…$35 per bottle. Can’t be on their list

Paul Martin’s is $10

[snort.gif]

If you like comfort food, Lazy Dog Cafe is no corkage fee.

Great list. Just what I was looking for!

champagne.gif

so which restaurant would you all recommend to be the best value for considering either their corkage fee vs food or their wine list mark up vs food?

it’s been a while since i lived in la and the only place i can think of off the top of my head as i’m trying to plan a dinner with friends who enjoy wine (perhaps even more than food)
is manchego in santa monica…

any tips?

thanks to DaveP for the recommendation to upstairs 2!
went there for dinner last friday and really enjoyed it…
for a restaurant connected to a wine shop, the food definitely exceeded my expectations
very nice and knowledageble staff…
we ended up coravin’ing a pour from a 69 drc rc and a 78 ausone, and opened a bottle of cali cab fully expecting to pay corkage on 3 bottles they only charged us corkage fee for 1.5 bottles.

corkage for outside bottles at $15… and excellent wine list especially considering the qpr

definitely highly recommended :slight_smile:

Hakassan B.H- $30 First Bottle, $50 after. Can’t be on their list