Louis Roederer`s newest project: NV Roederer 242 Collection

Count me in the fan category. I won’t really compare it to small house NVs in the same price range as this doesn’t fit those stylistically. I mean, I’d just buy Bereche Brut Reserve all of the time if that was the case (and I sorta do already).

I definitely think this is better than the Brut Premier and markedly so.

Had a bottle yesterday. Very good.

I enjoyed it as well, a very well made wine. I still think Roederer is by far the most exciting big house at the moment.

I’m now seeing this for under $45 (with a purchase of any 6 bottles) at a local supermarket chain. Interestingly, it was right next to the Veuve Clicquot at $52 and a “limit 1 per customer” sign. It’s nice to be averaging my cost down.

I just grabbed 6 for $49 per and see I might have overpaid slightly but not too bad. I probably won’t take delivery until next spring.

We tried this last night alongside a recent release of the Brut Premier.

I am surprised to report that we all (5 of us) preferred the Brut Premier. The 242 was good, but the the Premier seemed more yeasty, and more balanced. Something about the finish of the 242 (compared to the Premier) had me pulling my head back with puzzled look each time I tried it.

Not sure I would have noticed if if not drinking the two side by side, but definitely an interesting comparison. I wish I was better with the descriptors to explain further.

1 Like

Tasted this again at the lounge out of a few different bottles with consistent results. Just fine, nothing special. Tons of apple juice character, which isn’t my favorite when it dominates. No interest in buying any, but happy to drink when presented with it.

1 Like

I tried this tonight btg and basically was underwhelmed.

I think you are right. champagne.gif

Just stumbled upon this and agree with most of what has been said. A crowd pleaser fosho.

Agree. Have 3 bottles from the days of hunting for bargains on wine.com.

Bargains aren’t always a bargain.