MacDonald Retrospective New York Offline UPDATED JANUARY 2019

I’d come up to NY for this if the date works and can offer ‘11 or ‘12 since those seem uncovered at present

Merrill.

For clarity… it’s the '09 10th Anniversary Special Selection.

Oh, that my most horriblest.

I just checked back in to see how this was going. Dr. Lenchner? Who came up with that crap. . . but now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Someone has suggested the idea of two bottles of each vintage with different decant regimens. Let’s say a pop and pour and a four hour decant. The makes the logistics a but more complicated, but I’m thinking about it.

Actually, my suggestion is three bottles each of 14 and 15, since those are the ones that many people will have. Then one bottle each of the others.

The three bottles would be pop/pour, slow ox, and decant.

I came up with “that crap.” Far as I know, my good Friend Erez has his Phd and I was playfully referring to him as we do Doc or Counselor. You have a problem with that Mr. Hack?

I’m interested and would bring ‘something else’. Tom

count me in. no MacDonald here but can bring something bubbly,something sweet or something in between.

Bump. I’m trying to focus on a good date. I’m thinking something about the second weekend in November. Not that I want to mix politics with drinking, but maybe we can have some wine tasting of Blue - berries to celebrate that weekend.

You mean Veteran’s Day weekend?

I’d like to join. Limited selection in hand, as in 14 or 15. I could, however, bring something else from “this blessed plot, this earth, this realm…”
Or perhaps something else from the neighborhood.

Those would be good weekends, past that and it gets to holiday prep time

FYI;
ZOWIE !
Auction of Finest & Rarest Wines (Aug. 17th) 10 watched lots 2010 MacDonald Cabernet Sauvignon
2010 MacDonald Cabernet Sauvignon
Est: $700 - $1,000
Description
2010 MacDonald Cabernet Sauvignon
Rated: 97 AG

Size
9 x 750ml

Sold $6,500 [cheers.gif] [wow.gif] [cheers.gif]

I am filing a formal complaint. I have been on MacDonald since the beginning and I don’t get offered 9 bottles of a vintage.

I TRIED BUT GOT WAAAAY OUTBID !

And to think it came in third in a flight of 3 at a CLONYC dinner.

Jay, let us know when you pick a date.

Youhoo Jay.

Any update for us?

Dan

I am still interested, with the 2013 committed to the event. My schedule is flexible. As I do have a compulsion of bringing two bottles to events, would also be happy to add a bottle of excellent Champagne or high end Cab.