MacDonald Retrospective New York Offline UPDATED JANUARY 2019

neener

If only someone had a bottle of the '09 to contribute

[stirthepothal.gif]

I would be interested in attending along with a friend who is also MacDonald crazy. We could each potentially contribute a bottle from the '11 through '13 vintages or we could contribute some Mondavi To Kalon from '97 - 2001, 2006,2007 when they used basically MacDonald and Monastery Block Grapes only in the bottlings.

Also have some '96 Mondavi 30th as a potential offering

Still waiting with either MacDonald or something else

Is this what is meant by “The Hack Gap?”

Sorry. It’s been a really bad and crazy two months for me. I have to follow up with The Boys to see when they can make it. We almost had a date but it slipped a bit. The plan is simple. Bobby Vans Steakhouse 54th street location Private Room and too much wine.

I think I can live with that plan [winner.gif]

What’s the “pay it forward” aspect if this event?

(Just curious. Can’t be in nyc sadly).

pay it forward relates to the idea that there might be some poor young children who are now street legal in the wine drinking business who would otherwise have no chance to drink any MacDonald who might be allowed to lick the bottles.

Ah ok. So people who don’t have mcD are also allowed to attend the event? That’s a good idea! :slight_smile:

Maybe. We’ll have to see how it shakes out.

If not, then this thread needs to be renamed “pay it backward” offline! :wink: neener

Wish there was one in Seattle!

Jay,
(politics removed by admin)

Bump - first post edited.

Possibility is shaping up that I could be in NYC for work sometime around the 12th thru 16th in January. Could offer a '13, '14 or '15 if the dates align…

I have a '14 MacDonald, along with other horrible wine such as:

EMH Special Selection.
Maybach
schrader
Myriad and Sojourn G3.

If these wines aren’t horrible enough, I have an '06 Comtes and '89 and '96 d’Yquem. Your call.

I’m good most nights in January, with a few exceptions.

dh

Only a couple bottles of MacDonald, can also contribute Maybach’s or Y’quem or champagnes

Still offering up the 2013 as well as a great Champagne either the 1990 or 1996 Krug.

I’d like to play. I can contribute a 14 or 15.
Could also bring something from the neighborhood if we want to broaden the field (such as a Myriad Dr. Crane or an Opus One).

Have a 13,4,or 15 if this actually happens…