Mailing List Culling

I just got my first Karl Lawrence offering in the mail yesterday…what to do what to do?

Buy!

It’s for the '06 Cab and Aldin Red Wine…three of each.

The Cab is a perennial favorite and the Aldin has its fan base, even right here. Sherri?

Yup - good post Bob.

I don’t think I’m ordering from any mailers this year other than a couple bottles from Carlisle and maybe Rhys. Would love to buy Turley since I just made their list, but doubt it will happen.

And now I get a full allocation of '05 and '06 Switchback Ridge wines…times are changing and people are dropping like flies.

Wow! I bet some of these hard to get wines show up at retail. I have already seen the KB SVDs show up. No one wanted to spend $90 on a Cali PN so he (retailer) sent them back to the distributor.

Fortunately, no. I was running through everything I did last year and projecting the calendar forward. Long story short, I don’t have the funds I once I did, nor the desire to pay the tariffs required.

I have seen cases of '05 Araujo sitting on the floor around here. Never seen that before.

Yes, definitely buy. I got my first KL last year, still no offer though. I hope it comes today.

Esp. for a 98+ pt wine. Ouch.

I don’t know if Dallas is a dumping ground for Araujo…but I have seen two chains and one independant with Aruajo Estate and Altagracia on the shelf in case qty. for just a tad over mailing list prices.

When did you get that offering?

11:26 AM Central this morning.

From Switchback? By email?

I ask because the 06s were offered and delivered in the fall. The 05s, the year before.

The 05 PS is a great wine!

Here is what I got:

Dear William,

Happy New Year! It’s with great pleasure that I welcome you to the Switchback Ridge family of friends! I know you have been patiently waiting for a very long time, but I’m happy to announce I am finally able to offer you an allocation of our 2005 and 2006 vintage wines. Thanks to a bountiful harvest, 2005 was our first substantial increase in production so I reserved an allocation of the wines specifically for those of you at the top of our wait list. However, by the time I worked my way through the first two groups that signed up in 2003 and 2004, it was already time to prepare for our annual fall release. I decided to hold the wine and resume wait list offers after the 2006 vintage was released, and that’s where I’m finally picking up from today.

Our winemaker, Bob Foley, continues to work his magic with our fruit. Every growing season is a little different, yet Bob always manages to capture the very best the vintage has to offer, consistently creating rich, balanced, expressive wines. The 2005 wines are drinking exceptionally well–concentrated, lush and fruit forward, while the 2006 wines are extremely focused, with fine tannins and tons of structure that will benefit from extended aging. To view your allocation and purchase online, please go to our order site at: http://www.switchbackridgestore.com/shopping" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Offer was from 3 to 12 bottles depending on wine and vintage.

I got the same mail from Switchback today. I’ll pick up a few.

And now as I check the snail mail I have a BOND offering. [suicide.gif]

Why would they charge me $35 for shipping a 5 bottle case and $40 for shipping a 3 bottle case? As far as I can remember, shipping costs go by weight don’t they? [dontknow.gif]

Great…another Bond offering to look forward to shredding.

They added a 5th wine this year called “Quella”.

Oh and the price for a 5 bottle box is only $1375… Merely $275 per bottle. [stop.gif]

At least the Matriarch, which I do think is quite good, is still < $100. ($85)

I still get the Matriarch. Very good juice for the coin.