Mangos

If you can grow mangos, you can grow avocados, and probably cherimoyas. All three go great together.

That place was BYO friendly too.

1 Like

Very cool, Alan. I’m envious of the fruit that can be grown in tropical climates. The fruit we can successfully grow with high quality is somewhat limited here in the Western Washington climate, outside of some very good berries. I do love a good mango.

Few things are finer than a slice of perfectly ripe Mango and a drizzle of good hot sauce! But i am a simple man I’m looking at you Kenny :slight_smile:

at Hollywood Farmers’ Market on Sunday’s, Wong Farms now selling Valencia mangoes, incredibly creamy and not at all fibrous. Short window. And they sold me a tree now happily planted, about 6 feet high and 5 years old, due to produce next year.

1 Like

Ross Perot “do you know the best time to plant a tree?”
Me “no sir”
RP “ten years ago”
RP “do you know the second best time to plant a tree?”
Me “no sir”
RP “TODAY”

Man I love their Valencia mangos, the rest of the stuff they do seed/meat ratio is not good for the price. Just wild thinking about eating a mango for $7-10 each in one sitting. And due to how creamy they are, they dont’ hold well in the fridge after cutting.

yeah, I bought 15 of them Sunday. People are blown away when they taste one. Been eating one a day myself. And my tree will have them next year!

wine dinner at chateau weinberg in july 2023

1 Like

I can’t grow mangoes in Raleigh, but I wonder if this is going to be like figs here, where all of the sudden you will have buckets of mangoes you have to give away at the office.

at $10 each, I’ll set up a stand in front of the house!

Alan Is Here

[cheers.gif]