Marcassin

Been on the lookout, but I haven’t received an offer yet.

According to Jen, 2013 offer “will be out soon” but that was back on June 13th.

1 Like

Same as MikeHahn. Nothing here either (Oakland, CA).

Well cash flow is obviously not an issue for Marcassin.
I recall decades ago her fees as winemaker who could practically guarantee a winery a high Parker rating was stunningly high, way beyond belief and ground breaking.

My memory was so incomplete, I just googled this eye opener: Turley-Parker-Ego - Fermentation

Guess that is why they can sit on a lot of bottles until they think the wines are ready. I do commend them for that thinking and you folks as clients of theirs should too. The ability to buy perfect provenance, unreleased bottles is not common.

Honestly, I’m kinda happy it’s taking this long - 2013 Chard will be nicely aged by the time it ships!

This thread reminded me that I needed to sign up for Marcassin, so I did, and I received a message that I was already signed up in their system, but I have no idea when since they don’t send out a confirmation e-mail.

Funny, though. Don’t they usually release the Pinot around now?

1 Like

Nothing usual about Marcassin’s release schedule. They happen when they happen.

Um…monthly check in, any allocations yet?

Thanks.

Nope. Nothing here.

1 Like

It’ll arrive.

Tbh, I love how Marcassin is doing the aging for us - would guess it’s intentional.

i would tend to agree

“One shall drink no chardonnay before its time.” -Helen Turley

I served the Marcassin chardonnay from Marcassin Vineyard ( latest release , I forget the vintage ) about 6 months ago here in Belgium . Very experienced tasters . Everybody thought it was a concentrated high end Cote du Rhone , genre Condrieu or Hermitage blanc .

I guess it’s an acquired taste (I haven’t).

different folks like different things

Hi all!

First post here and waned to ask how long have you waited in order to get an allocation.

I an on the waiting list for at least four years, perhaps five. Has anyone got an allocation recently and if so, how many years did you spend waiting?

Thanks

Oh boy…

Does it mean, never? [popcorn.gif]

Was just offered 13 marcassin pinot tonight through source that just got word it’s coming shortly to him. Should be out to others soon. Haven’t decided if I’ll take it all yet.

1 Like