MEOW 2022 (formerly WineFest V)--Cellar Depressurization, Toronto--New Date, JUNE 11, 2022

Bro, with that many wines in your ‘depressurization’ event, you will need MANY dozens more attendees!

Save me a spot!

You’re on the email grouping, Brent, but thanks for letting me know. Todd–there will be lots more people contacted via email who will be coming :wink:

105 wines at the moment, if I fill out all the slots. I don’t plan to add any more, but one never knows :slight_smile:

So with, let’s say 40 people, should be a solid 18ml per person? :slight_smile:

LGA<–>YYZ tix to book right now for this date are more expensive than current fare. Any tips on finding a cheap flight?

Maybe fly out of Newark? Or, if you can figure out how to get in and back, could fly to Buffalo and rent a car that will allow you to cross the border, but it’s a solid 2 hour drive from there in good traffic conditions, which we don’t have a lot of in Toronto.

There were 80 people last time, Todd and I expect more this time around [grin.gif]

Mike, it’s wonderful that you gave this notice really ahead of time which allows me to keep my calendar clear for some days before and after your event. If there is space, Cat (who you recently met in White Plains) and I would like to attend. BTW, great notes from that tasting!

Hold tight. There are plenty of fare sales between NY and Toronto. Keep checking this website > www.flights.google.com or www.google.flights.com All you have to do is enter your dates and city. Check roundtrip and one way. When fares drop below $200, grab it.

Dan

Thanks Dan!

Hi Mike. PM sent

Set an alert on google flight. No need to keep checking.

Yes, but this deprives people like me of all the fun. neener

This is interesting. I don’t fly much so am not sufficiently tech savvy. But It’s about a week too early to set a reminder for the date. I do see the prices I want though, thanks for the tip!

I just checked the Blue Jays Schedule–The Indians are in town Fri-Sun and the Red Sox follow Mon-Wed! Looks like I’ll be planning my stay into the following week.

Which games will you watch? Maybe I will join you.

LOL. We can help you with downtown eats (and, of course, there may still be leftovers from the event through the week :wink: )

Yong, I’ve put you down on the list above—PM me your email address please. Even with the maybes, that will be it for now for the non-email WB list. All else will be wait list, but I will have a much better idea of numbers next spring, and will try to let people know yea or nay with a few months to spare.

Thanks to everyone for their interest in coming up and joining me on what has always been a special day for me in the past iterations.

I enjoy the drive from Philly to Toronto. This will be my third driving trip to Toronto in the past 10 years. If you drive north you can also visit the Niagara on the Lake wine region.

Unashamedly bumping to make sure everyone sees this and has a chance to weigh in. The listing of wines has changed/expanded a little. The next-day-brunch is a definite go.

Hey Mike, just confirming that I’m on your list (along with Winfred) :slight_smile:

Yup—I haven’t sent out the “details” email yet—that will be forthcoming in about 6 weeks.