MEOW 2022 (formerly WineFest V)--Cellar Depressurization, Toronto--New Date, JUNE 11, 2022

We will definitely be there. Fortuitous timing since we will be in Toronto visiting friends at the time.

I’m new here but Roger Waters is also in town that weekend, is he coming?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If Roger Waters is coming, I’m out . . . [snort.gif] neener [stirthepothal.gif]

Mike - can you put Jill and I down as possibles at this point? We really want to make it - it’s just for far out there in the future and she is starting her new job. But we should be able to confirm soon hopefully . . .

Cheers

I clearly need to get the invite out to Waters :slight_smile:

Larry, that’s fine–you’re on the “email group” list, so yes—would be wonderful if you could both come.

virtual cellar depressurization event being planned? :wink:

Larry.

It will be nice to see you again. [cheers.gif]

dh

You mean, a tribute bottle payable to you for some sort of fantasy football win? not at the moment :slight_smile:

How close do you live to Trudeau’s wife’s house?

It’s quite a drive :slight_smile: 4 hours + in the car should be sufficient social distancing.

I am holding the date for now, but am increasingly pessimistic about being able to keep it. Likeliest scenario is a deferral into late September, and that comes with its own complications for me.

We too are just waiting to see how things work out. Our air is bought and paid for and there are no refunds are waiver of change fees available to us so we might as well be patient.

Unhappy but realistic update of the OP. Hopefully next year, everyone.

Mike

On the “brighter” side, I had to cancel my trip to France, which conflicted with this, so maybe I will be able to make it when rescheduled. Stay safe.

If it is at about the same time of year (July), we will be there as will our friends there in Toronto. I have an Air Canada voucher to use or lose.

It’s a real pity Mike, but we will look forward to the next one! Please let us know if you’re ever anywhere on the west coast :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. Yao, the next Cali trip would be scheduled for late October/early November 2021. We shall see.

Right now, I would look at July 2021 for WineFest as a possibility.

Mike

Make July 2021 happen Mike. My wife and I will be making that trip to Toronto we cancelled for this July in mid-July 2021. It has been a long time since we have been there to visit our friends.

Mike.

My Facebook page is showing pleasant reminders of our good time with you and your family in 2016.

Lovely to hear, Dan—my friend Heather’s instagram captures some of that day too, though I didn’t know that until relatively recently.

Michael—we’ll try. I hope so.

Mike

Ten months later and we still can’t visit Canada. Maybe soon and you can put this event back on. I just hope it will be when we are there. My wife and I have been fully vaccinated for three months now and we are ready to travel.

1 Like

Thanks for checking in, Michael. Won’t be this year, but I have definite hopes for next year, late spring or early summer. However…WineFest is no more. That was sooooo 2016. A cool-up rebranding is in process.

MEOW 2022. Mike’s Excellent Outpouring of Wines.

1 Like