MI Tasting - SF Bay Area - April 1st

I have in hand the 2011 Chaffots and Robardelles, but if needed I can bring the Monts Luissants just need time to find it

Each of you please pick one of your 2011s, first come first served. I’ll fill in whatever is left.

Are people okay with sharing cost of all the wines including ringers? They range from about $60 to $200 so I would prefer it that way. Otherwise we are sponging off of Paul.

I will bring both Craig. As to your ? sure if you’d like, but I would like to know $$ ahead of time so I can come prepared.

I’m OK with that, though the 2 bottles I am planning to bring add up to near $200. If someone contributes lesser priced wines I wasn’t really thinking I needed to be reimbursed. But however everyone wants to make it work is fine.

Sorry but I can’t make it…I look forward to the report.

Thanks for looking out for us Craig but I’m personally fine bringing more expensive wine for this event. You’ve been super generous with you Chave, etc. in the past. And many WBs are really great about sharing.

You can count me in for a bottle of the Chambertin. And if we’re missing Charmes I’ll bring one as well. Just give me the final note.

I’ll bring two bottles no matter what but only two, so either one MI and another Burg or two MIs.

I’m not bringing a second Chambertin though from another producer.

Including Rob, we have a total of 8. Is that going to be it? What time are we doing this?

Okay, if Paul doesn’t mind we don’t need to do the accounting. My bottles from Nick came today so I have all eight 11’s to choose from. Please name your bottles of you haven’t.

I thought Cary was interested originally. Maybe he sold?

All work and no play makes cary a dull boy. Until july these midweek offlines are going to be a no go for me…

I still have my bottles. I did pop a robardelles. It was a bit disappointing.

I’d like to bring one of these:

2011 Maison Ilan Morey-St-Denis Les Chaffots 1er
2011 Maison Ilan Morey-St-Denis Les Monts Luisants 1er

Because I know where they are :wink:

Okay, here’s my suggested lineup.

Ed: Chaffots
Merrill (via Ed): Robardelles
Paul: Chambertin
Alan: Mont Luisants
Wes: Feusselottes
Andrew: Non-MI 2011
Craig: Mazoyeres, Corbeaux
Scott (Craig’s Guest): Charmes
Rob: Non-MI 2011

Wes, if you prefer something different I’m okay to switch.

Only moved back here in 2011 so not a MI client; will supply the spoiler of a 2011 1er. Craig can you pick up the baguettes on Tues? Day old bread is better for fondue.

Fondue (both bread and veggies), charcuterie, salad and I will pop some Savoyard and Swiss whites to accompany the fondue. Any other needs let me know.

Only moved back here in 2011 so not a MI client; will supply the spoiler of a 2011 1er. Craig can you pick up the baguettes on Tues? Day old bread is better for fondue.

Fondue (both bread and veggies), charcuterie, salad and I will pop some Savoyard and Swiss whites to accompany the fondue. Any other needs let me know.

I’m still interested. I can bring a 2011 Philippe Pacalet Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Lavaux St. Jacques.

The bakery isn’t open Tuesday. Do you want me to cut the bread early? Trust me, this bread is not going to get soggy or fall apart even if we cut it at game time.

And we’re going through these blind to start, right? Let’s make sure to have some bags (I have some, maybe not enough total). I suggest we flight the wines, one person bags them, another can mix them and number them.

I suggest we do two flights, first the “others” and then the Gevreys. Ringers can go wherever they match best. If we are doing pop/pour (which I think is okay - we will have time to revisit after), we can use foil to “bag” the wines.

Let’s do a formal ranking of the wines before the reveal.

Keep it simple - do a formal ranking before tasting.

Let’s keep that in mind for other offlines. It will save us time because we’ll know in advance that your wine is corked.

[rofl.gif]