MI Tasting - SF Bay Area - April 1st

[titanic.gif] [suicide.gif] [titanic.gif]

Are we still on? Time, cost, adress

I am not making this one, as discussed last week with Andrew. Just could not put all the pieces of the long-distance puzzle together.

Can we kick off closer to 7pm please? I can’t catch the 5:25pm call train which means I will make the 6:11pm express. It says it arrives in San Carlos at 6:46pm (if all goes well).

Paul, I can pick you up on my way down.

Do we have a start time?

It seems like the gravitation has been for 18h30. We can be ready from 18h onwards.

Fantastic - thanks Rob! [cheers.gif]

I’ll PM you.

Can you PM me the address?

Just a final check-in:

Stems: I believe the suggestions was for people to bring their own. If you can’t or forget we have a ton of INAO stems with Impitoyables and a box of Zalto Universals.

Bits and pieces: we have a huge roll of aluminum foil that works well for blinding the bottles. A basket of neutral crackers will also be provided.

Post-tasting dinner: cheese fondue, cornichons, charcuterie, salad and eventually espressos (decaff available for the insomniacs)/grappa. Craig is bringing the bread.

Dessert: anyone want to volunteer?? or I can grab some fruit

Anything else ping me.

Andrew, I’ll grab something for dessert, maybe some more bread as I think I’ll need to be eating something before we get through the wines.

Dang - apologies I didn’t bring any stems. I do have the Chambertin in my bag ready to go though.

Paul, no worries, I’ll have extra (thought they are small), and Andrew has plenty.

You can take you pick…

I can bring some extra stems and I’m happy to pick up a dessert or some bread. Let me know…

Hey everyone, thank you all so much for making the haul down/up to San Carlos. The wines were great, but more importantly, and as always the camaraderie and friendship makes these events so important.

And as a non MI client, I thought that the flights were very respectable even with a few ringers thrown into the mix. Great times.

Thanks, Andrew and Chiara for the great food and for putting up with another home invasion.

The discussion thread is up in Wine Talk.

Andrew and Chiara thank you for opening your home once again. Fondue (my first time) was fantastic. Craig thanks for gathering us all together, enjoyable and educational as always.

Thanks so much Andrew and Chiara. Was really glad to finally make it to you place and meet you.

And thanks Rob for picking me up and dropping me off in the city.

Another great time. Thanks to Andrew and Chiara for the hospitality and the tasty Fondue, Craig for organizing, Alan for the bread and delicious dessert and to everyone for the interesting wine and fun evening!

Thanks for hosting! It was fun getting together with everybody and great to have the opportunity to taste all the wines.