Microlot Coffees--An African Adventure--

Mine arrived yesterday. Brewed my first pot this morning and it did not disappoint. Fantastic coffee.

How were these shipped (USPS/UPS/etc)? I thought I saw tracking but for the life of me I can’t find it.

Mine came via Fedex Home Delivery

To your point, I got a brief flash of a tracking (from Fedex) and then it vanished

1 Like

Thanks! I found it, now I wish I hadn’t. The dreaded no estimated delivery, weather delay. Better coffee than Flannery!

Yeah. Mine got stuck in Kansas too.

Mine is currently in TX. I think anyone in the west coast will get their beans next week

Mine arrive today, thank you!

Fedex told me it was again delayed until Monday but then they delivered today, Sunday, anyway.

Been fun to watch these move. TX-NM-CA-CA-out for delivery

got mine yesterday as well. [thankyou.gif]

Mine was delivered this morning. Took a week to get here!

Got my coffee as well - anyone have a recommendation for coffee to water ratio for these beans? Asked Eric in an earlier post
no reply

Mine arrived yesterday. Took the long way here but kudos to FedEx, they kept them moving

DR Congo- SOPACDI - Pygmies’ Coffee Project Micro-Station
Region: Mishebere and Ruhunde villages, Kalehe territory, South Kivu
Farmer: 105 smallholder farmer members of SOPACDI
Variety: Bourbon, grown at 1500 masl
Method: Washed
Notes: Rich cocoa, toffee, lemon and lemongrass flavors with tart citric acidity and a heavy mouthfeel.

This coffee comes from a group of 105 Pygmy people (including 51 women) who live and farm in the villages of Mishebere and Ruhunde in the Kahele territory. Historically, Pygmy people have faced terrible discrimination and disenfranchisement, including being forced into slavery and/or low-paying work.

SOPACDI (Solidarité Paysanne pour la Promotion des Actions Café et Development Intégral) is an organization comprising more than 5,600 farmers and has started this project to source and keep separate coffee from this group of growers in order to provide them a better income from specialty coffee as well more financial independence and autonomy.

The producers each own an average of 0.5 hectares, and deliver coffee in cherry form to the washing station. The coffee is depulped and fermented twice, first for 12 hours dry in tanks, and then for 12 hours underwater after it is washed and sorted in water channels. The coffee is dried for 16–25 days on raised beds under a shade cover of netting.

I’m not always a huge fan of coffees from Africa but I’m loving this. My first dive into my shipment from Eric. Rich and incredibly flavorful. Excellent.