Monopole .vs Grand Cru Differences on BDay

Yeah no doubt, Jeff. I’m bleeding!

Same issue and I saw the threads weeks before everyone else! :joy:

Appreciate it, KJJ, but not necessary. Definitely disappointing to see all the complaining in here, but it is what it is.

To clarify, for those who wanted the Walter Scott offer (or any other offer they saw yesterday), anything that WASN’T in ‘Early Purchase Offers’ for GCC and MC members will be launched in groups, as clearly outlined in the FAQ thread, multiple times, and as done every single BerserkerDay. It wasn’t a Monopole Cru offer.

2 Likes

Ditto. I went to/saw the Early Purchase forum first, and started ordering. Completely missed, forgot about the Monopole offers forum. Doh!

To clarify, my intention was not to complain about offers selling out or not showing up - more so to point out one of the differences I noticed between GCC and MC (wasn’t that the OP’s question in the first place?). I recognize all the work that you’ve (Todd and all the other committee members) put into BD year after year and am very grateful to have the opportunity to use the board to support several smaller wineries. So, thank you for that.

The specific offer I was referring to was the full vertical going back to when Walter Scott first started - I think they prefaced it during the IG live when Charlie was on. Maybe I misheard, and I do apologize if there was any confusion. Of course, at the same time, I’m not MC, so I don’t even know if the offer existed in the first place. I was hoping this thread would be able to clarify.

That was not an offer, not for MC, not Early Purchase, not Preview…that’s all the hints I can give, but you can PROBABLY piece it together from there where/what that particular ‘offer’ will be…

2 Likes

That’s a LOT of information right there [wink.gif]

OHHHH! Things just clicked in my head. I completely misinterpreted this. [oops.gif]

That makes a lot of sense given I don’t suppose the producer has many sets to offer. Thank you so much for the clarification Todd!

I would like to make fun but I did this too. Why read the instructions when I can just send a DM full of typos and no punctuation to Todd?

I got home about an hour after everything started on the 26th. My eyes caught the Monopole members, CLICK HERE NOW, in the Title of the Monopole Cru offers. And one item sold out in nanoseconds apparently.

Since everything is now over, the Walter Scott XNovo vertical that was mentioned last week in the IG Live was an AUCTION item.

I bought only one Monopole offer. However, since these days account for most of my year’s purchases, it’s worth it to me, especially for the Newbie previews we got, and the tasting notes from those deals.

I joined MC b/c i get so much more than $100/yr from this community! I haven’t bought very many of the special offers but the ones I have are worth the price of admission! Also, I play the BD auction game every year and end up winning 2-3 (3) each year to support this community. Heck, I sometimes go a month without even logging in - am not a frequent poster but man has my life been enhanced by the wonderful people who contribute to this community. It is my way to give back in a very small way and I save so much on wine subscriptions b/c i trust my palate and the information here (it does take awhile to know who/how to calibrate with)!

Get off the fence or permanently choose to stay on one side! That’s the beauty of WB. Nobody will judge you if are GCC/MC or just a lurker. Seriously, $25 versus $100 is less than 1-3 bottles of wine and this community is more valuable than any reviewer subscription. [soap.gif]

4 Likes

That doesn’t help you at all when the wineries(or at least us) only get their act together around 10:00pm on the 25th [wow.gif]

Don’t even start with that, ugh.

I have yet to take advantage of a Monopole exclusive offer. I upgraded based on the value of this community to me (even for a relative newcomer). Perhaps some day I will take advantage of a Monopole offer (but I’m going to have to up my game re response time clearly).

So girlfriend will you be banned or kicked out the club if you tell Petey what the offers were?

[cheers.gif]