Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

No my ruling was the opposite. Everything you own whether still to be imported or at the store or in boxes on your floor counts as towards your starting. But because you already owned them, shelving them doesn’t change your count. But include them in your startung figure.

Overruled! The relevant statute reads: “A well-regulated inventory being necessary to the existence of free space in the basement, anything not on CT or in racks doesn’t count.”

At the present rate of consumption, my current inventory would be perfect- If I were scheduled to reach the age of 21 in 2025 and I manage to live to the ripe old age of 175.

Lot’s of legalese on the thread here. From the medical perspective, it’s the patient asking “how long have I got, Doc?”

“Well, Mr Hack, based upon your cellar size, it looks like you only have 327 years left to live.”

Purchased 1 bottle yesterday but opened 3, so net -2.

7 days to go, the suspense is killing me.

Fortunately all 3 of my bids at Sotheby’s failed. I expected that, I didn’t bid above the high estimate on any of them.

We were making progress then my wife says go out to the car and ask me move those 2 1/2 cases of wines into the cellar. Seems a friend of ours gave her 20 more bottles. Oh well, more drinking in store including a 1987 Corton Charlemagne that we opened for brunch on Sunday.

It doesn’t count if the wines are gifts.

Net -5 for the month so far!

I’m not I sure embrace the premise that having 2,400 bottles instead of 2,500 is some important thing. But we’re all crazy around here in various ways.

Do you go to AA meetings to say “I’m not sure staying sober for 3 days is some important thing”?

Net -7 for the month

1 Like

+14 month to date…FAIL.

Yer missin’ a few amphibolous commas there bub.

[snort.gif]

[rofl.gif]

[welldone.gif]

With Jonathan still dieting, some travel and me in NY half the time, our inventory consumption is sadly down. We’re at +6 this month so far.

I dont track my inventory or purchase per se but I have made a conscious effort to taper back purchases considerably. Just got my 2 credit card bills and they both came in far lower than i would have expected. Its probably a good thing i wasnt paying attention to how much i was spending as it was about the same as my SoCal mortgage.

Is there a mouth-open emoji. [wow.gif]

I can’t tell if this thread is celebrating frugality, restraint or flat out binge drinking, but I support you guys. [cheers.gif]

+220 for the month as some winter and fall purchases arrived. Included 3 cases of magnums so the net should be counted as 238.

My efforts at reduction are shot this year due to three wine trips. One to Walla Walla already completed with disastrous results. Wine arrives daily. Upcoming trip to Napa & Sonoma will probably be the same buying binge. Then on to Willamette Valley this fall. I am screwed.