Most impractical wine in the cellar?

You need a vertical structure …

I knew you were a man after my own heart.

I remember getting a cellar tour at Charlie Trotter in Chicago and they had some crazy large format of d’Yquem, like 15L. I asked if they ever sold such bottles and the Somm gave a vague ‘sometimes for private events’

If you want to drink it, you could rebottle it into 375s.

Yeah - Fu can show you a siphon method. 8 bottles that will keep over a good while.

[wink.gif]

It used to be a 6L of 1989 Haut Brion, but I solved that problem when I opened it for a 60th birthday bash about 7 years ago, along with a 6L 1989 Lynch Bages, 6L 1990 Montrose, 6L 1999 Mouton and a 3L of 1983 Yquem. Other guests took the opportunity to clear their cellars of mags of Champagne and white burgs. Now the biggest bottles I have are magnums, including a 1995 Huet Cuvee Constance, who knows when I’ll drink that.

I think a 6L of Bouchard Monty would compete (for distant second) but sadly I passed.

I’m from MN, and EVERY MN wine has been horrible, some laughably so. I am perplexed by all of the love on my FB and Instagram walls for friends drinking this $hit.

I think the last MN wine I had, I opened at the end of a nice wine dinner, and I blind tasted people on it, and the comments were epic. I remain open minded regarding MN wine, but I have yet to try anything that is even on par with three buck chuck or Apothic Red, and that may even be a stretch.

I have an 18 L of 2000 Cheval Blanc.I’ll gladly share it on its Centennial with anyone who will be here to remember the offer🍷

I’m from MN, and EVERY MN wine has been horrible, some laughably so. I am perplexed by all of the love on my FB and Instagram walls for friends drinking this $hit.

I think the last MN wine I had, I opened at the end of a nice wine dinner, and I blind tasted people on it, and the comments were epic. I remain open minded regarding MN wine, but I have yet to try anything that is even on par with three buck chuck or Apothic Red, and that may even be a stretch.

Add Bill Ward and Leslee Miller getting behind this crap. The big thing is that your FB friends slam the wine and actually never taste wine properly.

I used to have a 3L of 1983 Y’quem. I sold it 10 years ago when I finally resigned myself to just how impractical it was.

So, how was it?

Holy sh*t! You HAVE to post a picture of that!!

I mean, I am all for supporting local agriculture. But Minnesota lacks the climate, terroir, and frankly farming (not sure of the winemaking skill in the state), but every wine I’ve tasted has been horrible, and would qualify for pouring out and rinsing with water to remove the rank taste out of ones mouth.

Minnesota is great climate/soil for many other fruits and vegetables, let’s just stick to that :slight_smile:

I think you are right that some of the friends haven’t developed their palate, and just want to look trendy with MN wine. It’s a shame.

Minnesota is great climate/soil for many other fruits and vegetables, let’s just stick to that > :slight_smile:

MN apples are amazing!

Exactly!! I planted a few Honeycrisp trees in 2013, and they are bearing great quality fruit, and planted a Zestar tree this year, so it’ll be fun to see how that tree grows and develops over the years.

champagne.gif

At 200 or so calories per 4oz, I’m thinking at least a 50 miler- assuming you burn 100 calories per mile. So let’s say maybe a 50 with some decent climbs…

Pics or it didnt happen.

I have a 15L, 3x 9L and several 5L and 6L coming of 2018 BDX. Nothing as big as Cheval though. Some Canon and Beau Sejour Becot. I think Im about to learn how impractical those are to store!

Midas of Armand de Brignac.
266BF0C5-3D9B-47A1-B7DE-C640E3EB6324.jpeg
30L and it comes in its own coffin/bathtub.