Most impractical wine in the cellar?

The ONLY format that a true balla drinks out of

Damn, more than I thought yet not surprised lol. Though I might need to pencil one of those in for Thanksgiving in general this year [pwn.gif]

Turley.

Not alone and in good company, there are whole threads on that one alone. Mine have to sit top of rack to not mess with others.

Every one of these bottles, except the Mouton, was outstanding. The Yquem, at age 30, was a gorgeous golden color with power but very balanced. It could have gone another decade or two, but I wasn’t sure I would make it that long. A phenomenal wine to end the evening.

However hard it had always been to find occasions for many large format bottles, it seems even harder now and looking into the future. I have opened 0 of mine this year.

I’ve got a 750 ml bottle of Retsina given to me by a neighbor.
It should have been put up in thimble size containers.

I like that idea. Hopefully one of whom has an engineering degree.

You and me both. I’ve been drinking too much and not running enough this year…

I have a 3L of Loosen Bernkasteler Lay Kabinett. We need to do a dinner!

But at least this can show differently depending on what he put it. As I understand, Poniatowski would never put sec, demi-sec, or moelleux on the label, wanting instead ‘to let the vintage speak’.

I have a complete vertical of double magnums of Ridge Monte Bello, 2006 through 2014 (missing the 2009).

5L of Monbosquet (1999, iirc) - when in the hell am I ever going to open this damn thing?

That is surely the picture in the dictionary next to “excessibe balla”

Doesn’t that make it an incomplete vertical?

Not that I wouldn’t be pleased to help you work through it anyway . . .

One assumes, though, that all the '89 Clos Bau were the same.

Definitely agree with the half bottles of Champagne; always a craps shoot.

I don’t own this but any bottle of chateau de la gardine chateauneuf du pape - they don’t fit into racks and they don’t stack (safely) on top of each other (same with Turley, Krug, SQN, etc…). At least with most of the larger formats out there they come in their own OWC so, while maybe impractical (to some) they are easily stored.

I don’t think that’s what Kirk meant. Certainly wasn’t what I meant! :wink:

Travaglini Gattinara too - neat bottles, but a nightmare in the cellar