Most useless tasting note I've ever seen...

The Prisoner?

1 Like

True that. And in addition to marking the flawed box, it is also nice to know what the flaw is.

2 Likes

hey ya know what they say: sex sells!

1 Like

Lol, now things are getting interesting:
8A0C597D-2C40-4075-887D-1732CB2C964A.jpeg

2018 Passing Time Chardonnay (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley) Click to view 13 label images Add to my wishlist 2/26/2021 …
With Carla & Kevin (1 view) Report issue, Add favorite

I just found this one. No score and no notes on the wine but Carla and Kevin probably dug the wine!

They were just passing, or killing, time.

Guys, he has 46 of these notes out of 1200. You have three really simple choices:

1. Click the link next to each note to REPORT ISSUE to us. (Andrew sent him a nice note, explaining the mistake, and we cleaned up his notes for him.)
  2. Click the choice to just block/ignore that user
  3. Take matters into your own hands and leave a polite comment on one of the user’s notes saying that maybe they misplaced the note.

Or I guess the fourth choice is to start a thread on some other board complaining about it instead… (but really this is a bit less helpful)

Cheers!

1 Like

Gwyneth Paltrow’s candle, pain grille with warmed Brie, Pog, Lychee juice.

Leave the note alone, but have fun with it here?

I took the original post as joking around, not an actual complaint. Who could complain about NY Strip and taters?

2 Likes

I took the original post as joking around, not an actual complaint. Who could complain about NY Strip and taters?

Sounds really good right about now! I will provide the wine!

1 Like

Now we’re talking!! :wink:

I have no idea what you are referring to. There is no such note.

Rich Brown wrote: ↑Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:36 pm
John Glas wrote: ↑Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:24 pm
2018 Passing Time Chardonnay (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley) Click to view 13 label images Add to my wishlist 2/26/2021 …
With Carla & Kevin (1 view) Report issue, Add favorite

I just found this one. No score and no notes on the wine but Carla and Kevin probably dug the wine!
Now we’re talking!! > :wink:
I have no idea what you are referring to. There is no such note.

Probably deleted the note after seeing it on Wine Berserkers. That is why I did not post the user.

Copied yesterday and also don’t see it today. To me Erik users like this should not bother posting notes. There is no value to the community. Just consume it and don’t post a note. I have no problem with users who score a wine and no notes as the data is probably for their reference in the future. I have no problem either if someone posts sampled at the tasting room as that for that user has some relevance but just posting had with Carla and Kevin makes no sense to me. If they said Carla loved the wine and Kevin hated it again some relevance to the poster.

So MOST users start with what is valuable to THEM. This user wants to keep track of who they had the wine with. The problem is that not everyone READS directions. They sometimes post public tasting notes when they SHOULD post a private consumption note. So WE cleaned this one up and let the user know. That is what we do. When people tell US, on our site, about a problem.

But you can also just, with 1 click, block the user. You will never have to see them again. That is fine too.

Thanks Eric, makes sense and is easy enough to do!

…but you’ve gotta admit, its also kinda funny to joke about here on WB, amiright?? :wink:

[cheers.gif]

Sort of funny. But I am not great at sarcasm or humor–just want to clean things up. So sure, laugh away but please also let us know if you see misplaced notes.

1 Like

That is what I got from Chard.

It has a point score. What more could you want?

I recommend to use Google translate after the note is posted on CT in the original language, not before. Or maybe this one is an autocorrect creation? In any way, it makes for an interesting note:

Oily grapes an aromatic know it’s dark berry flavors traces of violence. Awesome knows Rich plumbing wild Plum. Pallet is genuine, comes with a good savory flavors, attractive Mulberry fruits, I liked and his freshman.

2 Likes

Love it!

1 Like