My best and favorite glassware right now. (Yay Glasvin!)

Sorry, I am unclear. The Grassi glasses broke ot the Glasvin?

The glasses Iā€™m talking about are Grassl Crus. Apologies if this is off topic, saw lots of posts in here about Grassl and thought it would be appropriate.

1 Like

No. its cool. I was just unclear as I read it. I love the input and please donā€™t apologize. Cheers!

1 Like

I have 3 different types of glasses. Sophienwald, grassl, and glasvin. Sophienwald continues to be my favorite even though itā€™s the most expensive

1 Like

Iā€™ve had the Sophienwald stems for 2 years now and hand wash all in HOT water and use a cloth to remove lip smears, etc. Never broke a glass while doing this AND they have thin stems and a super wide base not to mention they are unleaded, mouth blown and pliable. Iā€™d say, sturdy. But the key for me is they highlight the wine experience like no others.

2 Likes

Did you compare red, white, or both? Thatā€™s a great priceā€¦

After hearing about these Made In glasses, I also purchased them and compared them myself. I need to respectfully disagree (on behalf of all handblown glassware manufacturers). Anyone that has Made In, I will happily send you a free sample of our glass and you can compare yourself, and report back here.

I gave my Made In away. They suck.
David is being kind.

Mike, You seem to have a wine glass cellar! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Just bought more sophienwald glasses. My favorite glassware

1 Like

Sophienwald is da bomb!

hip-large-red-wine-glass.jpg
Hip Glass from Crate and Barrel. $ 7ā€¦ really why spend $ 40 a glassā€¦

I think my favorite BDX stem is still the Zalto (Glasvin Ex and Grassl 1855 are close) ā€“ nothing balances quite like it and I prefer the slightly sharper lines for claret. My favorite AP stem is the Glasvin Uni (Grassl Liberte and GGG are close) and my favorite for Champagne is Grassl Mineralite. For Burg, I like the Grassl Cru and Glasvin Aromatic both pretty equally. I do not own Zalto burgs, so canā€™t compareā€¦

I almost never use my Zalto ā€œwhiteā€ or ā€œChampagneā€ glasses. Champagnes are helpful, though when I have 8 people over since the bowls are smaller ā€“ easier to fit on the table with other stemware and bottles go farther.

Thanks for posting these. Ordering some for my parents house so I donā€™t have to use their goblets.

My favorite glass is whichever one Iā€™ve bought most recently for varietyā€™s sake.

2 Likes

Basically this. Recently I was given some Stoltzle glasses and I like them. Used to use them quite a bit but havenā€™t even seen them for years.

@david any plans to make a champagne glass? I use the glasvin universal for sparkling sometimes but tend to rely on my Zaltos. Iā€™ve broken quite a few (user error, canā€™t blame the glasses) but would love to something similar that is a little less painful every time I need to replace

I loved my many Stoltzle glasses. Until I got bored with them.

I still have them, though. Who ever parts with functional stemware, right?

Yes! Stay tuned

1 Like

Honestly, I know itā€™s not the sexy option but, I swear by my Wine Enthusiast Zenology SOMM glasses. The six-pack is a very good deal for hand blown glasses, coming in at $27 per glass. They are a joy to drink from.

The only drawbacks I see are,

1. That only the universal/white ones fit on the top rack of my washing machine. The others need to go on the bottom rack and use the stem holder, basically allowing for only two of them at most per wash.
  2. That I wish they also made a smaller aromatic-whites glass with the wide point close to the top.

My favorite glass by far!
Been using for the past 4 months. Gabriel glass was my previous favorite. They tend to brake. Owned a dozen and all gone.
The 1855 I use and hand wash every night. Nothing broken yet!

1 Like