My best and favorite glassware right now. (Yay Glasvin!)

I like the Grassl champagne glasses. They are slightly more durable but still have a nice feel. I have two sets and they’re perfect for holidays or events

1 Like

I LOVE my Grassl Mineralite for Champagne; upticking the sense of acidity while accentuating the aromas, as well as for vintage Madeira.
Wonderful glasses from wonderful people!

Blake, how would you compare the Sophienwald’s sturdiness and pliability vs. Glasvin’s and Grassl’s?

1 Like

Sorry, Brian, I have not used the others, but I can say the Sophienwald are pliable; also, they have a wide base, but more importantly, they have a wide and low equator that allows for just the right amount of aeration and for funneling the aromas up and out for a pure nose. They are mouth blown, unleaded cristal.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks, Blake. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

If someone was looking for a good, general red wine glass that would work well for everything from Oregon PN to older Bordeaux, would the Glasvin Expression be the way to go?

During our recent Napa tasting trip, I made it a point to see/ask what glasses the wineries and tasting rooms were using - the “winner” was Grassl, followed by Sophienwald and Zalto. I thought that all 3 did nice jobs of showing the wines and all were comfortable to hold. Did not see much Riedel. One place (which apparently was short on glassware) was using some generic glass with a comparatively thick lip and the wines tasted at that session did not really show their best.
Already planning my BerserkerDay stemware purchases…

1 Like

I just spent the weekend drinking all different things out of a new batch of Expressions and would agree. However they seem a little fragile where the stem attaches to the base - I already broke one and I rarely break glasses (for example all my GGGs are intact) :frowning:

Hmm, have not broken a single Grassl glass myself. Dishwasher the key…

Broke my first Glasvin. the old stem snap while washing. Glad i have some extra.

Thanks for the insights. Interesting to know. However, I always wonder about statements like the one in bold above or statements from many other in these glass discussions like “I have Riedel XYZ and its great” as in my book you only can judge how a glass performs and what glass is best by doing side by side comparisons: same wine, different glasses. Or am I reading your statement wrong?

While strictly speaking, I did not drink the exact same wine from each glass, I did drink SVD cabs from the same vineyards and vintages (and in a couple of cases from the same “consulting winemaker”), which I think provided enough data to support my statement. [whistle.gif]

I broke 2 Glas-Vin yesterday.
I thought I would give a little background on this breakage. These Glas-Vin Expression stems were packed in my Grassl Voyager stemwear carrier and the carrier fell about 24". 2 stems survived the fall and 2 stems broke

No injuries, I hope.

I broke two of the Glas Vin stemless. The first one broke on first use the day it arrived. No Glas Vin Expressions broken by me - but that is because I have given away two sets as gifts.
Four of my Grassl Glas - 1855 and Cru - have been broken at my hand. Slight injury on the breaking of one Cru.
And I still handwash.

This sounds like the shipper might have been at fault. Please email us and we will make it right

David - Thanks. Appreciate the offer - however, it was my fault on both occasions. I accidentally hit a counter with the glass in hand (spilled wine too) and the other time I cracked the glass while washing.

Want to give a big shout out to David with Glasvin. Placed an order, which on tracking was “canceled” by UPS. He responded to my email immediately, and had a replacement order out within the day, even though it was really a UPS issue. Top notch customer service! Thanks David

1 Like

For those who are purchasing Sophienwald glasses, are these shipping directly from Europe?

Just picked up 4 Glasvin Aromatic. I like my Gabriel Glas and a universal shape is useful, but sometimes you need a wider bowl. And 9$ shipping to Montreal is totally fair. I emailed David this morning about shipping and less than 20 minutes later I had a response. Now we wait.

1 Like

Drinking out of Glasvin right now. Drank champagne, Syrah, and a Pinot noir out of the same glass. It’s the universal. Best glass I’ve used in a long time. The ordering experience, the customer service and the performance of the glass is absolute top notch.

1 Like