My "I HAVE NEVER" wine dinner

Nice dinner and notes!! (After all, it’s not all Riesling out there.)

1 Like

Missed that thread. Interesting read. Some unexpected revelations, like Robert has never had Gentaz.

Have you had Petrus now? [cheers.gif]

I’ve done all of those on your ‘I’ve never’ list, except perhaps the 100 pointer thing, as I try not to take notice of points.

What would mine be?

• I’ve never attended nor hosted a ‘vertical’ of wines, beyond occasional pairs
  • I’ve never tasted a German TBA. I did once buy two half bottles, but they were dropped off with a friend, and unbeknown to me were put into service when a diabetic visited him and went into shock - my friend had no sugar, so the next best thing was put to use.
  • I’ve never had a wine that had ‘too much’ brett (to my taste)
  • I’ve never sold a bottle of wine. I buy wine to drink and intend to keep it that way, no matter how crazy prices move

That’s about it

This one deserves it own thread. Perhaps “Unlikely Wine Stories” or “Best Wine Excuses”

Always love the Fritz wines! 01 stellar vintage.

1 Like

Nope. Another high on my list is d’Auvenay.

Jealous of that Haag auction! Great lineup!

This is the coolest tasting note of the year.

Thank you!

1 Like

Wow, I could actually supply that one, but it’s “only” a village and it’s a 1996, so I’m kind of afraid to open it. But if you bring the Petrus and/or the comet vintage Yquem, I’ll bring it!

I hope that this was posted in jest. All of tha TBA would have probably put them in a diabetic coma.

Not at all in jest. I wasn’t there, but suspect it was shared with others there once the immediate issue was addressed.

So, it was really necessary to open the second bottle, right? [tease.gif]

See, wine is essential for good health!

Like I said, I wasn’t there and trust my friend enough that I never asked that question

What a great theme! That’s so thoughtful and fun.

1 Like

What’s funny about this is most of us here in Cajun/Creole country wouldn’t know a truffle if it smacked us in the face.

Now that you say that, I think the name predated the NoLa thing. I think it was just general “fine dining” type fare when it opened. I think the ownership change brought the new chef, who was a genuine South Louisiana type, and the switch to the NoLa theme came with him. He has since departed and the butcher motif has arrived, though I don’t remember if those happened at the same time or not.

Another note - if you zoom in on the picture, you see that the AP number on the Haag is 14 01. Of course, you’d expect a 2001 to end in 02. Per a note on CT, this was a typo noticed part way through the label run and corrected, so some bottles have 14 01 and others have 14 02.

that’s a pretty creative life saver!

Great stuff Brian!