Myriad 2018 release 8/7

People are . And some have determined that it’s not worth jumping through hoops . That real life (work, family) is more important than Myriad wine.
Let’s be real, are the wines so unique? I have bought the Cabs in the past, and the Semillons more recently . But after having opened a bottle of one of the Semillons this weekend , me, my wife and our friends felt that we got more enjoyment from the bottle than a $15 bottle of white we had the same day.

I’m sure that Mike and Leah are great people. But the effort that people sometime go through to make sure they buy “allocated” wine before it runs out (not just Myriad) is just a bit much .

I really don’t drink much Cab anymore; I’m on the Myriad and Quivet lists mainly for the Syrahs. I was going to place a relatively small order when I got the offer but decided to sleep on it. When I went back the next day and saw things were gone, I decided to take it as a sign from Bacchus that I have too much wine already.

While I don’t really care for the “allocations” that are not held for even a day model, I don’t fault the wineries for using it, particularly when they give notice of the date. In this case, it provided self-control I may not have actually had.

How much effort is it to pull up a website and click to buy?

It doesn’t take much .

I am always grateful to those people on allocation lists who also have not figured out how to use their smart phone calendar to set a reminder.

So a big thank you to each and every one of you.

Not sure if some of you are trying to stir the pot or didn’t read the thread . Sometimes you can’t just “pull up a website and click buy”.

Of course you’re referring to the series of physical challenges that must be passed before placing an order. I know more winemakers are moving towards this model as it is far more entertaining than the standard allocation system.
Of course, there will be injuries along the way. I’m not just talking about bruised egos either. I’ve heard of at least 3 deaths related to the Thunder Mountain punji stick fiasco. But by God was that wine worth it.

Fixed my typo. Kind of hard in the middle of surgery or a court room or some other types of employment or being in an area with no wifi or internet access to buy wine. Is that so hard for some of you to grasp?

Bruce, I’m here for you man. I’m just impressed that you were performing surgery in a court room. That’s some next level lawyer moves and I want to be on your good side.

Bruce - all of that is true, but the point that some people are making is that most wineries that have releases that sell out quickly send out a “save the date” email in advance. If someone is going to be traveling or otherwise unavailable, it’s rather simple to email or call the winery ahead of time, and from my own experience, the winery will do what they can to accommodate. If buying the wine isn’t that important, then don’t do that. But it seems to take more effort to log on and moan about it here than just reaching out to Leah (or whomever).

[welldone.gif]

i appreciate your post. different strokes. more for the rest of us.

Has anyone else been early shipped on their Myriad and Quivet orders? Just got a UPS delivery in Chicago burbs with temps having been in the mid to high 80’s. Bottles seem fine but I show they were to be shipped late October. Risky ship for a few thousand dollars worth of wine.

They always send out emails in advance of shipment. Is there a chance yours went to spam or you just missed it? I got a couple Myriad emails the other day saying my orders were ready to be shipped (and gave a date of mid-October). I emailed Leah, asking for a later shipping date, and she replied within minutes!

Did not see anything but didn’t think I had to be pro-active to stop an early ship when the order said it was shipping 10/29 and 10/30. Have been ordering for many years and this has never happened. Emailed Leah a bit ago but no response yet. Just curious if I was an isolated event.

Yup. Mine was delivered today. Chicago burbs

10/29 or 10/30 is an early ship?

Just heard back from Leah. Wines were shipped to Illinois via temp controlled truck to a third party shipper. Third party shipper took it upon themselves to ship early. (Matt-10/30 is the original ship date. Today is early) I do think the wines look fine and should be fine and Leah, of course, offered to replace any wine that is damaged. Was just confused with the early ship.

Yes, totally agree. Hope all goes well. Their customer service is great. Still not happy with such an early shipment without prior confirmation.

Got mine. The bottles were NOT cool to the touch but not hot either. More like an even 72/74 degrees.

Im happy they are in mu house but I could have waited another month for these, easy.