Napa Cab under $100

Good call on the Bevan Ontogeny ($95), and really tasty right now!

Second votes on Outpost, Corison, Hidden Ridge 55% Slope, and Bevan Ontogeny. Others to consider: Riverain, Lewis, Myriad, Quivet, Rivers Marie, Chiron Candor, Kobalt, Aonair, Paradigm, Kamen.

Grab that 2011 Dunn at KL if still available.

Doesn’t need to age ?
Doesn’t need to decant ?

Just aksing -thought it would need both .
Maybe not because a 2011?

Can you believe it, she doesn’t really like sparkling wine.

I PnP’d a 2011 Dunn HM two weeks ago, still young, but surprisingly open and ready for business.

I’ve have and have tasted every Mending Wall cab since 2012 and they’ve been nice right out of the gate, except the '13 which understandably needed some time. Loved the '15 most of all. All under $100

Anderson’s Conn Valley Reserve.

+1 on a couple references to Outpost.

Would also recommend the regular Napa bottling of Rivers Marie as well as the regular bottling of 12C…both are consistently solid.

1 Like

I also concur with Bevan Ontageny ($95) and they drink well young. Over the past several months, I’ve drank the 2014, 2015 and 2016 and all are a delicious bourdeaux blend that drink very well with a decant. It is my personal favorite wine under $100. I recently joined the Rivers Marie allocation list and own some of the cabs but I haven’t drank any yet. However, I am a big fan of TRB and have no concerns that the Rivers Marie won’t be great. Good luck finding a bottle and all suggestions so far have looked great!

The 2016 Rivers-Marie Napa Cab (base bottling) is drinking very well at the moment, as well! So much so, that I’ve drunk through my allocation and had to seek out more on the secondary market. The 2016 Lore was very good too, but built for the long haul (and over $100).

Surprising that nobody has mentioned Drinkward Peschon. Wine Searcher shows plenty of slightly older vintages available well under $100, including the very ready right now 2009, 2007, and 2005:

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/drinkward+peschon+entre+deux+meres+cab+sauv+napa+valley+county+north+coast+california+usa/2009/usa/usd

Both K&L and Flickinger show bottles from those vintages, and are resellers who get positive reviews here all the time.

• a million

Lewelling
Becklyn
Snowden

Thanks very much for the mention Chris.

Ben -I see you are in Santa Rosa. If you’d like to stop by, our tasting room is at the Sonoma Plaza. Just let me know ahead of time. Karen [cheers.gif]

The beauty of CA wines. Incredible value for less than $100!

Mondavi To Kalon Reserve is a classy wine. The '14 can be found for $89 at Belmont.

Mt. Brave Cabernet & Louis Martini Monte Rosso Cabernet.

EDIT: Of Course try Quilt for $40.

Ehler’s Estate Napa Valley Cab is $55.

Cade Howell mountain can be found for under $100

With neighbors such as Bryant, Ovid and Continuum at $250+ per bottle and garnering the same scores, there really isn’t a better Napa Valley Cabernet for less than $70 as Chappellet Signature Cab.

You can find a bunch of Spring Mountain Vineyard cabs under $100 with some age on it. A couple 1997’s on winebid.com right now.