National Chardonnay Day! What are you drinking?

I went with a 2015 Rhys Chardonnay Alpine vineyard. Reminds me of a Chablis. Great stuff.

Virtual Chard tasting with my group:
2001 Boillot Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru, 2009 Marcassin Three Sisters, 2017 Aubert CIX

It’s beyond bedtime for this essential worker, but I have a 2011 Whistling Ridge Vineyards Chardonnay queued up in the fridge for the holiday weekend. Cheers!

James

champagne.gif

Young but delicious!
CA344271-72DE-4176-8865-6A0A4A32B952.jpeg

2017 Patricia Green Durant Vineyard
2016 Louis Michel MdT

Still getting over a 2012 Pernot PM that was disappointingly far along on Sunday.

Had some 2016 Maxem UV Chardonnay. Delicious.

The Avni, which is their base level Chard. I thought the wine was good, but not a great value.

2016 Rivers-Marie Joy Road chard.

2018 Goodfellow Berserker Day Cuvee
2015 Bethel Heights Estate

Ditto.
Love Maxem Chards

2017 Domaine Jean-Marc Vincent Santenay 1er Cru ‘Le Beaurepaire’ Blanc

Chris,

How was it? Absolutely loved a 16 recently, which forced me me to buy more!!

We had a very good, very youthful 2011 H. Boillot Clos de la Mouchere. I must admit it was only by accident I had chardonnay on National Chardonnay Day.

One day late, will also be popping the 2017 Walter Scott Cuvée Anne (with Maine Uni and pacific Halibut).

Like Joshua, one day late, but I’m sitting here listening to the Jerry Garcia Band with a glass of the 2017 Walter Scott Seven Springs.

Had a great 2012 Failla Chuy Vineyard Sonoma Valley Chardonnay.

2017 Antinori Castillo della Sala Cervaro (Umbrian Chardonnay). Really great wine, completely modern and even “new world” in fruit, and yet no creamy/buttery character and great acidity.

2004 Pierre Peters Les Chetillons

RT

Jared,

I had high hopes for this. William and Jeremy touted this in some previous posts which led me to the purchase. It unfortunately didn’t deliver. First off, the color was a tad darker than I would expect for a 2017. The nose on PnP was stinky so I threw it in the decanter and the stank did go away to be replaced by a waxy smell. The nose never revealed anything else. The palate was very singular, again, not revealing anything. The acidity was so high it reminded me of warhead candy. Really sour and puckering. Drank over 5 hours and never developed. Hoping this was an off bottle.