National Chardonnay Day! What are you drinking?

2017 Domaine Charles Audoin Marsannay Au Champ Salomon

This is so F-ing good. It is also uncannily like a Goodfellow WR. It starts out meek and mild and then every 20 minutes unfolds to show new flavors.

Oh, and I bought a case of Brick House chard on Thursday. Doug or his staff sent out a char-day offer I could not refuse. I met Doug Tunnel once many years ago (2008?). He left a lasting impression. Like Cameron and Eyrie, there is something very special about the winemaking at Brick House.

We did 08 AR Lenoble Blanc de Blancs Champagne GC

They do grow Chardonnay elsewhere, many alternative triple C regions.

Late to post, sorry. It was a week night so nothing too strenuous.
Samuel Billaud Montee de Tonnerre 2015.

Really nice, classy wine showing well. A bit broad for prototypical Chablis, complex and almost a little round on the mid palate and finish (it’s 2015), has a great future ahead. ( if Mr Morris is not reading this I’d almost say very ripe stones). 2014 and 2015 Chablis such a fascinating contrast of vintages back to back.

2015 MACON-FARGES - Henri Perrusset -

Chris,

Sorry to hear that. Opposite experience I had with the 16. Definite acidity and young, but more pleasurable than your bottle. Hopefully it was an off-bottle and will show better for you next time. Cheers!

Chris, had a Magnum of this last week. Drinking wonderfully well. Generous of fruit and cut by fine, minerally acidity.

I’ve got to get some more then. This had to be a bad bottle.

Aw shucks!

I’m ITB and had no idea that there was such a bizarre animal as National Chardonnay Day. Is this a KJ promotion [snort.gif] ?

I had plenty of Chardonnay in the wine fridge, everything in the basement is at a good temp. I just posted on a Bourgogne Rouge I had last night with an Asian-flavored local chicken and asparagus dish. I wouldda, I couldda. And it’s too late for tonight with the lamb shank in the oven [truce.gif] .

OK, I’ll open one tomorrow and post unless we have enough lamb for tomorrow, in which case Wednesday fer shur, there’s plenty of fish in the nearby ocean and plenty of fishers (people, not mustelids) who will sell me one.

Dan Kravitz

Is it still national Chardonnay day? [oops.gif]
I did get ts sample several 2018 Walter Scotts today. Really impressive!

No its not but no reason not to celebrate…

Walter Scott did really well (Won) in my blind tasting last week:

Only thing I’m gonna drink from now in is Ceritas Zephyr Chard. Stuff’s on point!

I read your note and it sounds intriguing. I haven’t popped one yet. I look forward to trying one soon.

Sean