Need help finding the right Volnay.

What’s the deal with Clos de la Chapelle? A retailer near us is pushing them super hard in their mailers and I’d never heard of them, and when retailers push something super hard it makes me suspicious…

We had a few '17 Bouleys last night at a tasting and really liked them, and dang if the price wasn’t right!

They used to be boillot

why the name change?

EDIT: oh I see it got sold. do people have thoughts on what the new winemaking style is like?

I had a 2009 Voillot Fremiets 2 nights ago and it checked all of the boxes one expects from Volnay and is in a perfect spot right now. I purchased 2 more yesterday. [cheers.gif]

I don’t think that anyone mentioned Ampeau. Their Volnay Santenots is generally in this price range and is released late, I think 01 is current vintage, so offers an opportunity to see a more evolved aspect. Maybe debatable if it is at the same quality level but good drinking and worth a look at these prices.

Went down the Volnay rabbit hole researching today’s Envoyer offer. Any thoughts on Réyane et Pascal Bouley?

Which I guess is now on to the next generation of Pierrick Bouley?

A local importer in my part of the world that I trust, is quietly impressed by Pierrick Bouley.

P Bouley makes a 1er Cru Les Grands Champs monopole. Not familiar. Would it rank higher in your opinion than say Chenes or Roncerets ?