Never received shipment

I am also dealing with an issue with fedex. Says delievered and signed. Funny thing is the initials of the person that supposedly signed for the package is my wife but she didnt accept anything. We were both home.

My neighborhood is a complete toss up regardless of UPS or FedEx. Love having the Ring doorbell - I see them all.

And it’s not just the money out but the remaining krug 168 in 375s in the market are now $80+ (vs $63) and this shop only has the 169. Since I have another half case, unlikely to accept 169 as substitutes.

Well, David…these are strange times…in case you haven’t noticed. neener To minimize personal contact with their drivers & receipients, because of COVID, the
drivers (at least here in NM) are instructed to waive the signature contact to minimize COVID exposure. I have’nt signed for a wine delivery since last Spring.
Legal or not, I have no idea. They are also supposed to check a photo ID and library card & verify you are not drunk at delivery. They’ve never done that to me.
Tom

Both FedEx and UPS are still supposed to be verbally verifying an appropriate recipient.

I dread the day this happens, but I know it will. Dealing with FedEx/UPS is a nightmare when trying to get refunds. Not only do you have to wait 45min to get to talk to someone at a callcenetr with no authority, so far, I’ve not gotten any refunds whatsoever. They just say “during Covid we don’t process refunds” or “an investigation has been started” (and then you enevr hear from them again) or something else along those lines.

So, when the day comes and package gets “lost”, but is signed for - then I’m probably gonna be expected to replace it or lose a customer. And I probably will, although it’s nobody’s fault except shipper. But who’s gonna make the client whole if they don’t?

My solution to this problem is to maintain a UPS box. My wine deliveries go to my local UPS store and they are received by the staff and held for me. I also ship anything
valuable (like an iPhone) to my UPS box. That way I don’t have to worry about not being home and/or having a package left on my doorstep to be stolen. I have had a couple of packages go missing, but the fault was clearly with UPS. If they can’t get a package their own store whose fault can it be? All my wine goes to my UPS box regardless of the shipper. If something important gets shipped to my home address, I redirect it to a UPS or FedEx store.

Ring doorbell has been a game changer for us. We had the FedEx guy “attempt” a delivery twice and never get out of the truck. Tracked down the local managers email and sent him the video. He drove the package out to us after the truck returned that day. We have not had that problem again.

1 Like

Yesterday I was waiting on my Ultramarine. Received a text message from FedEx stating my wine delivered 10 minutes prior, no knock and said delivery was signed for by me. I go to my door and no box? I call FedEx and it took a few minutes for someone to answer and just as I stated to explain that no package has arrived I heard something outside my door and there is the box. Once again no doorbell to acknowledge that something has been delivered. This is unusual as they normally always ring the bell and make sure that there is an adult and ask my name.
I understand that its a busy time of year, but at least ring the bell. Since the text came almost 15 minutes prior to arrival how am I to know if its been stolen or even delivered.

I have always kept a locker at offsite storage solely for purposes of receiving my wine and avoiding hassles like described above. Always considered it a worthwhile investment.

1 Like

I had a box of toilet paper re routed to the UPS access point. It said it arrived and was signed for.

UPS access point said it was not.

UPS started a claim for me - but amazon did the refund already

So not full proof.

The issue with an offsite facility (which I have and use for all deliveries in normal times) is that now, I do not want to go to my locker unnecessarily, and if if the shipment was incorrect, I wouldn’t know for months perhaps. In fact, my other Krug 168 order was for 8 bottles and I only got 6. This was Zachys and they sent out the other two a couple of days after I called to say so. (and I got the sense they didn’t know what happened, but making it right quickly was important to them).

I can see how that might be useful but the wine shop used a UPS store to ship. The notification said the sender was “UPS store” so I thought it was anything but the Krug.

What would happen if they said you picked it up from the UPS store? That doesn’t seem to “be clear it’s UPS fault”.

FedEx used to do that routinely for me for the past few months - I think the drivers batch up the notifications in advance when they pull the boxes on the truck unless they have the texts set to automatically send based on geography.

My Fed-Ex deliveries have been ring the doorbell visually wave and leave.

I sent my buddy a case and FedEx left it on the sidewalk. Luckily I texted him when I received the delivery text and he looked outside and saw it.

I had a similar frustration with FedEx about two months ago involving a case of wine. Received the text updates saying time/date of delivery and watched the FedEx truck race past my house without even slowing down. About five minutes later, I received a text update saying that the box was undeliverable because nobody was home to sign for it. My wife called the FedEx number and lit them up, letting them know that we saw the truck go by the house and that we have all been working from home for the past 6-7 months. At first the FedEx person took the side of the delivery person, but after more yelling and a threat that they would be liable for reimbursing the cost of the case of wine, FedEx sent a person to intercept the wine off the truck and someone personally delivered it to our house. All kinds of sketchy stuff going on at FedEx these days. While I don’t have a choice in who the wineries use, in my book FedEx is the worst at this point.

I’m incredibly impressed that you got them to do something about it. I had an identical scenario and failed at them caring about it at all. Had a video doorbell that showed they never attempted delivery, etc. I wish I had your skills of persuasion…

All the credit goes to my wife. Nothing like an upset wife when one of her favorite wines doesn’t get delivered!

UPS and FedEx are both using temps and mistakes are bound to happen. I had a FedEx wine shipment, samples from my employer (I’m ITB), that I know were delivered to the wrong address. I got an email saying the packaged was delivered, within my five or so minutes I got the email and checked my door - no wine.

I would absolutely dispute it or suggest to the retailer that file a claim with FedEx.