Never received shipment

Anytime I pick up of package, I sign for it and I get a receipt. They know me, but if there is a new clerk there, they ask for ID also. I’m sure something can go wrong and, as I said, a couple of shipments have gone missing, but “the chain of custody” is entirely with them.

In one case, the retailer said the shipment was returned to them and it was my responsibility to pay for reshipment. My UPS store discovered that the shipment had been returned because there was a problem between UPS and the retailer which had nothing to do with me. I got my wine and an apology and it was not difficult because the
people at the UPS store helped me track down the problem. Customer service.

UPS stores are franchises, aren’t they?

I regularly bring a local one high quality bubble wrap from packages we get at work, and they love it. I never considered using them for a shipping drop but now I think I’ll give it a try.

UPS completes their trace (started the Monday before Thanksgiving) and tells the retailer the items were damaged in shipment. Full refund.

The whole signature thing was a red herring, brought up by the retailer when I said “ship me a replacement while we are waiting for UPS”. Founds some at $71.25 so the cost impact isn’t too bad.

Thanks to those who provided moral support on this thread.

I’m having this problem with yet another favorite retailer of mine, trying to work through it. Frustrating but I get the period of struggle we are in.

I’m not sure I would use the word ‘red herring’ for the retailer. Maybe more like lame/wrong excuse.

I’m having a shipping glitch now too, and it makes me realize that my local supermarket/Costco/K&L (pickup) are all pretty satisfactory when I go there. Maybe they don’t have every last small production, obscure producer…but its not like I can’t find zero wines I’d enjoy off the shelf.

Had this issue with fedex last month - claimed they delivered, got signature (I don’t recognize the name). In process of trying to file claim

In line with that, living in a 24-hour doorman building is perfect for high-value deliveries.

That was really crappy. [training.gif]

We had a fail to deliver on furniture today. Hard to believe considering you have to reserve the elevator and the delivery company called to say they would be there in 10 minutes. It must have taken considerable effort on the delivery crew and building staff to screw it up. Delivery crew reported it had been delivered to Wayfair.

Sounds like they have just what you need!

Hope you get it straightened out without too much more hassle.

Generally, my FedEx and UPS delivery people are the same everyday, and I work from home, so I don’t have TOO many issues. But I did have a mis-delivery of a highly allocated wine this fall, which was signed by another person on my street. Then allegedly, FedEx was to pick up the wine from their house and re-deliver to me, however, the wine was not on their porch, so it was “lost”. Not sure why my neighbor couldn’t just bring me the package, which is what I do when I get other people’s packages, but whatever, I hope he enjoys the free wine, lol!

While my delivery person was trying to be helpful, FedEx itself was pretty useless because they simply do not care about us or our packages. Both UPS and FedEx hide behind COVID like the airline industry hid behind 9/11…no refunds, no adjustments, no resolving the problem, make up the rules as we go along and we “customers” have to abide, because of COVID. Recently, I had paid extra for a 2 day delivery that took 16 days and they were like “Sorry, it’s COVID so no adjustments”. I asked why then do they even bother having different speeds of delivery if they can’t guarantee the extra cost timeframe, just call it all “Ground” with one rate and the package arrives when it arrives, but they couldn’t answer, because they don’t care.

Anyway, the winery was great and re-sent the wine. All I can do is hope they were fully reimbursed because it was not their fault at all. I am not sure the outcome would have been the same if it was a wine retailer as opposed to the actual winery, as I think they are not as invested as the winery itself. I tend to pay a little more to buy from the winery directly for this exact reason, if I need to ship a wine vs begin able to pick up a local wine shop, which is my first preference. And also why I choose Golden State Overnight (GSO) if that is an option at all because I have never had a mis-delivery. I also have the same GSO delivery person and he is super careful, as I see him double checking the address before he comes to the door and then takes a picture of the delivery, which I appreciate.