New Ceritas Offer Coming May 1

Joel,

That’s a great overall analysis, although I seem to like the Littorai chards a bit more than you do.

Is this the Chard ive been looking for ??

Alan, I believe it is a very good example of what you are looking for. It’s in the CA dialed down camp that I buy into and cellar and if you’ve yet to try the wines, try them. I remember when I first tried the chards, just tasting the 2011s and having no dispposition or real experience, I knew they were in my slot for the chards I drink and I signed up that day. Whether $50+ is in the right price range, you’ll have to think on that. For me, it works, I buy them as I don’t need Category 3 chard (see, see what you did, now I have a name for that category of wine) so I end up in Category 2 with my chard targets now.

Im OK with catagory 2 chards if they are the real deal. Otherwise i actually prefer lower end chards even lower than cat 3 which include things like four vines naked or good unoaked washington state chard like Ste Michelle

For some reason reading your posts reminds me of hurricanes… neener

Alan, if you haven’t already, you need to try the Liquid Farm Whitehill Chardonnay. At $40 per bottle, it’s as good as you will find in the category 2 wine spectrum. [cheers.gif]

Scott

Thanks, after reading about LF on here I did get a 6 pack. So far ive had the 2012 WhiteHill which I really liked I have to try another bottle to confirm but it is certainly one of the best chards ive every had. I also opened a 2012 Golden Slope which was very good and well made but not as much to my taste as the WhillHill.

I still think that the 2008/9 Boekenoogen Stainless Chards are the best US ones iver ever drunk but im glad you guys turned me onto LF and I will be buying regular cases.

man I have to differ there…I dont know categories, but I know ceritas and liquid farm.

While I love LF I have to rank it below both ceritas and copain.

I too like the WH best of her wines, but the wife likes GS.

But none of her wines holds a candle to johns when he nails a vintage.

Then again, this puts LF in great company.

Ceritas is live. Got 6 Charles Heintz.

This is interesting. When looking at my allocation, I see a column for “Club Membership” that is not yet populated. Anyone know what is planned there?

3 Charles Heintz here, wish there were more options to mix/match than just 0/3/6

Easy pass

Really? Thought they would be in your wheelhouse.

I was kidding. I just know people take their Ceritas seriously around here. [cheers.gif]

+1 This has had a huge effect on how I buy Ceritas over the years. I went in for 3 Heintz + 3 Coastalina, but skipped the Porter-Bass simply because I’m not comfortable with 3 bottles at that price. I would have thrown in one to try, if that was an option.

+1

Wholeheartedly agree Larry, and went in with the same 3+3. Really don’t like the 3-bottle minimums from wineries.

I think if you contact them you can mix the multiples of three.

Just called and while they prefer purchases in increments of 3 they are willing to mix and match as you please. I was able to do 2 Heintz, 1 coastalina and 1 Porter Bass.

In for 6 Heintz chard. I have been a buyer since 2007 of the chards. We attended the open houses and visit other times too. Rarely have I found a Ceritas chard that I wouldn’t pick up. It has happened, but my guess is I was wrong or my palate was off that day. Impressive chards built by two of the nicest people in the industry. Save some cash for magnums in the Fall. These do fall right into the Rhys, Littorai, Wilde Farm (excellent), Liquid Farm group style with each obviously having a twist. I do like Ted’s wines at Littorai and especially the Thieriot And Mays Canyon chard, but I have found I cannot get allocations consistently so I have been less energetic pursuing them - but he throws a hell of a pick up party.