New cool book on Champagne

Book looks great, but I’ll never forgive her for breaking up the Beatles [wink.gif]

This!
But I still ordered a few for presents for next Christmas. Looks very cool.

Yeah, when Frank just called her by “Yoko”, I thought “oh no, what does someone who sings like a cat being stepped on know about champagne”! Glad it’s a different Yoko. champagne.gif

Levi posted this on twitter. I’ll admit my first reaction was it’s kinda dumb. But the FM III seal of approval swayed me to buy two copies.

Tom, I read the first 30 pages of Yoko’s book last night. I suppose you could read the whole thing in 90 minutes to 2 hours, too. What I like about her book is the drawings, with quotes from growers mixed in throughout the pages. And several times I had to stop and smile, to laugh, as her drawings give the feeling. If you line up Yoko’s book with the Liem, and Walters books, all three are different. Yes, they all celebrate Champagne, each in a different way. For Yoko’s, with all the hand-written script and drawings, it’s a wonderful primer for Champagne, done in a down to earth, straight-forward way.

Champagne is and should be fun. Yoko’s book is fun and as pointed out, easy to understand and digest. It is books like this that I hope will help pull folks into the broader world of Champagne that goes beyond the normal NV wines that you see on the shelves of every store.

Ordered.

If it gets the Brad Baker seal of approval I’m in.

Looking forward to the Brad Baker book when it comes out.

I grabbed a copy based on Frank’s recommendation. Should be a great Christmas present for my wife who adores (and is the reason we open tons of) champagne.

Hopefully it inspires me to remove the shrink wrap from Peter’s book.

1 Like

[rofl.gif]

In for a three-pack.
champagne.gif
I hope there are enough left. This is like the question “Have you ever bought the entire production of a wine?” No, but we did try to buy the entire “print run” of a hand made book once.

You must have listened to her better work.

Oh God, I thought I was alone in that champagne.gif

Okay, random comments.

I really want to meet Yoko, we don’t need to talk about champagne, but she has to be a very entertaining person.

There is no other book in this style, it’s fascinating

The content is substantial

It feels like she’s reading a bedtime story to me about champagne

Bravo

+1 (although there were other reasons,too)

Your perspective here was cool, Brig. “Reading me a bedtime story about Champagne”…dig that.

Mine arrives today!!

My copy showed up just before lunch. It’s a cute book. Not sure I will ever “use” it, but it’s a nice package.

Frank took my response :slight_smile:.

Peter’s book should be opened! Very easy to bounce around through. One of the few xmas presents my sister has ever given me that was net-positive…