New Year's Eve Champagne?

Suenen C+C

A couple of years of age have been kind to this wine. Last bottle was kind of shrill but this one was wonderfully acidic and creamy.

Started the evening with 1990 Krug.

2002 Pol Roger Vintage Brut

Dipped into the stash of ‘95 Blanc des Millénaires to see if it performs as well as it did for others recently. Will see in about an hour. Happy 2020 to everyone!

With Rack of Lamb:

2008 Vilmart Coeur de Cuvee
2017 Walter Scott Chardonnay X Novo
2013 Cameron Chardonnay Abbey Ridge
2015 Bedrock Ode to Lucien
2002 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Rose

quiet evening with krug nv 167eme

Nv bruno Paillard rose 2 years old
Nv Dohndt Grellet cuvee… can’t remeber right now…
Both delicious

12 Pouillon Les Valnons and gin martinis

Damien Hugot Blanc De Blancs
2012 Launois Blanc De Blancs

Both solid with a nod to the Hugot.

Jacquesson 739

planned on sabering a Kirkland Champagne and then opening a bottle of Bouchard beside it. the sabering didn’t work (the lip of the bottle just chipped in several places and stayed put) and the Bouchard never got opened. that’s what happens when your wife makes great cocktails.

Honored to be a part of your celebration! [flirtysmile.gif]

Rick,
How was it? That was one of my WsOTY in 2019, despite it’s youth.
Happy New Year,
Warren

Warren, I pulled a 2008 Vilmart GCdO and that bottle was excellent. I still have a few ounces left to taste tonight with dinner.

We had a '06 Taittenger CdC in the fridge ready to go. We pooped out before midnight. Will give it another go this evening.

We attended a large party with mostly a wine curious rather than obsessed crowd. I had intended to and did bring nice wines to share; Bollinger Special Cuvée and a very nice NV Hugues Godmé Rosé. Then, having no impulse control, I opened a spectacular 2004 Taittinger Comtes. Several people who are not into wine and some who said they didn’t like champagne were astonished. That’s a wine that impresses wine lovers and casual drinkers alike.

Cheers, and Happy New Year, Berserkers!

Warren

2000 Lanson Champagne Noble Cuvée de Lanson Blanc de Blancs:
Not as developed as I would have expected and will keep my other bottles for some years before popping the cork, but a great wine for the money.

2014 Etienne Calsac Champagne Les Rocheforts Blanc de Blancs:
Continues being one of my favorite growers. Just delicious.

Frank,

I sadly have only a single bottle of the '08 GDcO, but happily it’s a magnum (and blissfully I went deep on the CdC).

Warren

It was great! Clean, high acid (I’m a bit of an acid freak in Champagne), minerally, some yeasty notes, but not overwhelming. It tasted like GC Chablis with bubbles. Even though the Walter Scott was superb, it didn’t have the intensity or concentration of the Vilmart.

Kelly,
We’ve solved the “pooping out” problem. We live on the west coast (Washington State), but celebrate an “East Coast” New Year. We’re typically home by 11. Enjoy the Taittinger Comte. Our '04 last night was stunning.
Warren