Next week Europe is going to get hammered by heat

Northern Spain and western Portugal have been mid-70s. Delightful

Yeah it has been beautiful but is predicted to get quite hot. My car just stopped working (fuel line I think) so I will have them charge the AC too. In the meantime a British friend is loaning me a R hand drive to use.

Gazpacho and sangria time

Perhaps odd coming from someone living in FL, but I find being sweaty - except when I am working out - to be uncomfortable. You are sweating because you are hot. Being hot is uncomfortable. Sweat also emits body odor. And looks sloppy, messy. I much prefer traveling to Europe in months other than summer.

I hope that heat wave does not make it here to Abu Dhabi. Its already 42 degrees and humid as hell! :sweat_smile:

Talking with my enologist and he was telling me it is a heat coming up from the Sahara!

15 day forecast here in Newberg, OR is mostly 75-85 and other than one day of scattered showers is dry and likely with very low/no humidity. Oh, and we don’t really have mosquitos either.

Yes it’s hot in Europe this week. I’m in Tuscany (95 F today), but focus on morning activities, shade, and hopping in the pool in the afternoon. Evenings are beautiful. As a San Franciscan I’m a weather wimp, but just have to adapt to a different flow to enjoy the summer here.

According to my iPhone, 105 in Milan tomorrow. I will do presentations tonight and tomorrow evening and hope the locations are cool enough to keep me from melting in public. It is starting to remind me of summer as a kid when not everything was hugely air conditioned and you stay in the shade and drink a lot of water.

C2D3ED66-BFB5-4180-968F-0785C5497F27.jpeg
Come to Orlando, much more temperate!

A4246FB3-3EF9-4BC4-A10D-3CD66C59EB4E.jpg

It’s supposed to be 72 on the Algarve on the Southern Coast of Portugal on Saturday and 106 in Madrid. Were driving from one to the other on Saturday

I’m guessing it will still be marketed as ‘vintage of the century’ in Bordeaux

Off course. September saves the harvest, etc. 15 degrees wines but perfectly balanced. The bordelais themselves are surprised by how good the wines are. Buy now or risk losing out, etc, etc, etc.

Today the all time highest temperature in the month of June has been recorded in Germany, so yeah - hot (38.5°C)

Reported to be 44C (111F) in Chablis! :frowning:

How is it bad environmentally?

Power consumption.

Russell, using power to cool your house is not bad for the environment.

Well, because 77 is too hot, it warms the globe! Gotta turn that thing down, Big Russ!

Yeah no problem. I’ll run it at 60 degrees 24/7 for all 5000sq ft.

The power comes from the magic electricity tree.

:smiley: