No Capsule Guy strikes again!

A 2018 Kelley Fox Pinot Noir Maresh Vineyard Red Barn Blocks was for me - at that moment - with that bottle - one of the best Pinot Noirs I have ever tasted. It had such life and freshness. Every sip - for me - was a moment of 'wow". Again, that is a moment in time, but it is a wine I will remember.

Sad to think that someone could lose an element of joy that wine offers by their own distraction of seeing a naked cork - one not covered with plastic, lead, aluminum, or some other hammered metal.

Some opinions are their own reward.

-Al

1 Like

and where would our astronauts be without these: space.capsule - Google Search

The only bottle of hers that I have at the moment has a screw cap (a 2014). And yet, I’m terribly disappointed that it doesn’t also have a capsule, and somewhat fearful of drinking the wine–for safety reasons. Otherwise, I’m thankful that I have purchased a large quantity of tin foil, with which I can protect my bottles, as well as cover my windows, and head, to protect against cosmic rays.

Freudian.

Kelley Fox is quite literally the smartest, coolest, and kindest person one could meet. She is also an incredibly talented winemaker who makes impossibly pure wines that luckily this dickhead will never drink again because he doesn’t deserve them.

Kelley Fox rules!!

2 Likes

It is amazing at times what sets people off in life.

the guy probably drank too much wine with lead capsules.

Obviously, he’s a knucklehead.

2 Likes

No Capsule Troll responded with, “I never said “FOIL” you did. I said “protect.” There are may other ways to protect besides foil!! I am not purchasing wine that has a cork exposed gathering dust on the stores (sic) wine shelf and who knows how many people touching the bottle, not to mention anything about potential contamination, which is another issue.”

Okay then. A lot to unpack there. This is either the worst trolling imaginable given the multiple self-owns or this person lives a life of fear and paranoia that’s to a degree that is hard to comprehend. Is he writing letters to beer, water and soda companies that use pop top cans? That seal ends up RIGHT IN THE BEVERAGE!!! Fresh vegetables? Those must be out. Not sure whom he writes to there. Mother Nature? Safeway? Hard to say. Does he eat at restaurants? If he thought about what goes on back in the kitchen the way he does the masses swarming wine shelves he would definitely be eating Lunchables instead.

Anyway, he’s an unusually self-centered guy trying to make a tasting note about him. Not very 21st century of him.

Not to mention the problem with other people “touching the bottle.” I guess all bottles should be wrapped in saran wrap. Then when we buy them we can, using impermeable sterile gloves, unwrap and dispose of the saran wrap and then bring the bottle home.

I would feel more sorry for this guy if he was not being such an a$$ about the whole thing in public.

And yes, I learned a long time ago based upon first hand experience that it is generally preferable not to know too much about what happens in restaurant kitchens re handling of food. I assume it is one of the ways that we slowly build up our collective immunities.

With wines from Loire and CnDP it’s what’s inside that’ll kill ya. [wow.gif]

2 Likes

Well, if the bottle is vaccinated and the consumer is vaccinated, the CDC says no capsule is necessary.

1 Like

On that note, on his Instagram page, he does have a review of Pool Toy Rosé. Maybe it’s only what might be on the outside of things that he’s concerned about!

Oh come on. Now you are kidding! This is an SNL skit right?

Hey, he really liked Kelley’s wines and highly recommended them! As for the other “noise” . . . who among us has never been a DB ?

1 Like

How could I make that up?

I’m with Jim Stewart on this…

Is he really that surprised that a pool toy is plastic?

Gotta say though, that wine’s marketing team seems to know what they’re doing. Lighter in weight because of the plastic and people don’t have to worry about bringing a corkscrew or having the bottle break and having shards of glass at the beach, pool or wherever they bring it to. All around designed to facilitate people bringing that wine outside and enjoying it without a fuss. They seem to know their target market pretty well and cater to them.

This ought to work on him:

“I’m so sorry this keeps happening! We bottle with capsules, but the deep state lizard-people keep removing them with their Jewish space lasers.”

2 Likes

do itttttttt

seriously though you won’t regret it. and its the time to get them: there won’t be any 2020 reds from her at all. I highly suggest the Maresh vineyard, which she farms herself, and the Mirabai, which is just so good for the price.

ok that made me LOL

1 Like