NYC - Northern Rhone Reds (11/19) @ Batard

Noted! [drinkers.gif]

Just checking in as we get closer; please let me know if you have changed any of your plans.

Very much wanted to join you but, alas. Tom

Confirmed. Still bringing the 04 chaillot

I’m confirmed with the above wine listed. My friend is bringing 04 Clape Cornas.

Since I see we still don’t have a Champagne I’d be happy to also contribute a bottle of the 2013 Benoit Marguet “Shaman”. I picked one up after trying the 2014 at La Fete du Champagne over the weekend.

Added Hart G

Is there room left here? I do not know for sure if I can make this, but if there is room and I can make it, I could bring a

1997 M. Chapoutier Ermitage Le Pavillon. And I can explain why there is Braille on the label.

or, if you prefer, I have

2001 E. Guigal Côte-Rôtie Château d’Ampuis

or

2003 Tardieu-Laurent Hermitage

Last spot to Jay

Still in. Was originally thinking of bringing a 2006 Gonon St Joseph but considering that 2 others are bring Allemand it makes a lot more sense to bring a bottle of 2010 Chaillot so we can do a 3 btl vertical, unless any one objects . I will also bring a champagne whatever strikes my fancy that day but guarantee it will something very good as I am rapidly starting to expand my champagne section alot and discovering some great ones.

Removed Hart G (opens a spot). Added Jonathan Sirot wine. Left left Jay Hack wine blank till further guidance.

And you are discovering why I largely stopped organizing offlines over a decade ago. All the last minute cancellations, changes, etc. drove me crazy. Thank you for taking care of it.

Speaking of annoyingly picky attendees is there any way we (or at least I) can get white wine glasses rather than than Champagne flutes for the Champagne(s)?

Looking good. So which of my three options should I bring? Any opinions?

Will ask for whites, imagine we can do so there st the restaurant but will request now via email as I reconfirm the reservation.

Either the 97 or the 01 Guigal sound good to me.

+1 (there’s some humor in that). I hate flutes. I prefer burgundy flat bottom glasses but will be happy with a plain white glass, and if that fails, I’ll put it in my red glass and just rinse it out.

Although they are all good picks I think the E Guigal would be best choice as it is a bit more classically styled if my research is correct and the Allemands would be fairly.traditional too. Could be wrong as I have not tried some of these

Sorry, but I went with the Pavillon, since I had to bring it from home this morning, I opened it about an hour ago and I am going to double decant now. Smells outstanding.

Nice! I was not able to decant my wine so hopefully I can do that when I arrive.

Looking forward to tonight!

What a great evening! Thank you, Shan, for organizing everything. I enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to be able to make another offline again soon.