NYC: Thurs., 2/27 6:45 PM Kochi - Wines to match 9 course tasting

Thanks Tom. Mike, sent a PM to the group to see if Thurs, Feb 27th works for everyone instead of the Weds. Let’s see. All, I always try to update the first posting for the latest info.

I’m sorry, it’s just me being presumptive without actually tasting the foods first. I saw pickled onions and soy vinaigrette describing couple of dishes and I immediately thought about having just beer (or Soju). Looks like a lot of fun, enjoy!

Also saw this and have to ask, what is tiger’s milk?

No worries Ramon. I don’t remember the last ingredient in the meals I have had at kochi at all. Not sure. Maybe a pun.

I think it is not for those people who only do Bordeaux offlines neener

This comes from somebody who needed further explanations on how this offline is being proposed? [scratch.gif]

Leche de tigre, or tiger’s milk, is the Peruvian term for the citrus-based marinade that cures the seafood in a ceviche. Also known as leche de pantera, this leftover fish runoff usually contains lime juice, sliced onion, chiles, salt, and pepper — along with a bit of fish juice.

Mike Reff, I believe Ramon C is referring to me since I’m confused, thank you.

Aaaah, that’s what it is. Thanks.

wait Julie, you cannot do this on a Thursday? Cant we find a date that would work for you? How about a Monday?

Kochi is closed on Mondays. No worries. The best day per everyone’s constraints is that week either that Weds or Thurs.

I have wine tasting events for Monday and Friday of that week, but I’m good for either Wednesday or Thursday. Count me in

I am a firm maybe. I will be going to Falltacular in California the week before and will probably have a boatload of work backed up, so do not save a spot for me, but if someone wimps out at the last minute, I may be able to fill in.

All, confirming that this is a go. Let me know if there are any changes to your availability to attend, and perhaps start declaring wines so that everyone knows what to expect.

Thurs 2/27 is still good
Will post wine shortly
Thanks Julie

Will be in Boston that week, sorry.

Hmmm… well diane sacrificed to move to the dinner from weds to thurs. It was not her preferred date. And tom rippe dropped out since he couldnt come on thursday…

Kochi is a very popular place and tough to move groups as large as ours from one night to another. I wish I knew this a few weeks ago…

Jay, I think you made it off the wait list. Can you let me know if you think you will make it.

All, I’m going to drop in mid dinner. :slight_smile: and I’ll pack a wine…

Julie, thank you for doing all the work in trying to put this dinner together, and I only realized today that you aren’t even able to attend. If this dinner does take place, I will bring a Champagne.

I am still good for Thursday 2/27. If we are short on attendees, I might be able to get a fellow wino to join us. Haven’t decided on a wine yet but will give that some thought.

All, we are set for Thursday. See you all there. Jay, know you have a busy schedule last week and next week, let us know if you can join. Totally understand if you are wined out. =)

Thanks Julius. Look forward to meeting you (Diane and Tony) on Thursday.