NYC: Thurs., 2/27 6:45 PM Kochi - Wines to match 9 course tasting

I am still in for Thursday with a bottle of cru bojo and a half bottle of dessert wine.

See you all then!

I happen to be in NYC for work tomorrow and am going to stay overnight - coincidentally this caught my eye. Is it still on and is there space available?

Hi Kyle, Welcome aboard. I confirmed for 6 at the restaurant. Please PM me to confirm that you are committed to attend tomorrow or pay a potential $25 late cancel fee. (In case you have any work deadline or events that come up and preclude you from attending). (I think the rest. Would be okay, but they do mention it in their resy reservations.) tks.

I sent you a Pm but since time is tight I will respond here as well. I will pass on this as I just looked at the menu. I’m vegetarian and they state on the website they can’t accommodate. I probably should have looked before responding to the thread but a) I was just checking if there was space first and b) I’ve never found a restaurant that I couldn’t find something at. I’ve done plenty of offlines at steakhouses etc and still had a good meal. This is a first for me- oh well it looks like a cool place and I’m sorry I can’t join. Take care - Kyle

Thanks Kyle for giving it a shot. Sorry about that. They are a small place. If you get a chance you should check out Blossom or Dirt Candy. They are vegetarian rest, but you may have already been there. Also there is hangawi, a Korean veggie place. Also, Momofuku Kwai just recently opened in Hudson Yards. They have a good wine list and likely have vegetarian options. Lively place.

thank you for the thoughtful recommendations. I am in NYC probably once a month and have eaten at Blossom and Dirt Candy many times. DC is truly a favorite and I’ve stopped going so much because the “menu” doesn’t change that much. I have to pace myself.

I will check out MKwai. Momofuku Nishi is a regular lunch stop before catching my train (and in fact where I first tried Impossible Burger, which is now all the rage). If that menu doesn’t look good, I might try Ladybird. I’ve never been and heard good things, and they seem to have a decent bar/food setup. Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread and have a great food and wine dinner!

In addition to the Champagne, I also brought an off-dry semi-sparkling orange wine and Barolo reserva.

Yay!!! Woot woot. I sent the other my update. Pls start wo me I had to backtrack to pickup my wine :slight_smile:

Thanks all for making at trek out to Kochi! The company, wines, and food were a lovely combo. Part 1: with Ramon C. and foodie friends was lovely. Ramon brought the WOTN 2011 Metras Moulin-A-Vent and an a wonderful 2018 Domaine Tempier Bandol Blanc. The wines were a great match to the food. Other wines were 2012 Peay Ama Pinot Noir and 2010 Peay Estate Chardonnay. (Thanks Ramon for also posting TN to WineTalk. TNs: Tempier, Metras, Peay Vineyard at Kochi NYC - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers)

Part 2: Diane, Julius, Rich, and Tony were equally lovely.

1. 2017 Bernaudeau Blanc Les Ongles - Julie
  2. 2015 Peay Scallop Shelf - Julie
  3. 2010 Boxler Sommerberg Riesling - Diane
  4. 2008 Passopisciaro Contrada Sciaranuova - Tony
  5. 2002 Champagne Corbon - Julius
  6. 2001 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Reserva Granbussia - Julius
  7. 2016 Glinavos Paleokerisio Orange Wine - Julius
  8. 2014 Foillard Morgan Cuvee Corcelette - Rich
  9. 2013 Stony Hill Semillon de Soleil - Rich

Barolo Reserva, greek orange wine, and champagne were drinking beautifully thank you for sharing them with us Julius! Barolo Reserva Granbussia was amazing with the waygu and truffle/tenderloin bbq skewer (WOTN with the champagne from Avize as well). Diane’s Boxler Riesling was lovely on it’s own and with my separate grilled fish sub for the pork skewer. Tony the etna drank well on it’s own + pork & chicken dish as did the the Foillard Morgan (thanks Rich). Rich the stony hill stickie was perfect with ice cream. Thank you so much all for a memorable nights!!

I definitely see more pairing options with korean food! It paired perfectly with everything.
31515F33-508F-4B71-A133-E44A1F023ECB.jpeg

5F677B84-7023-4611-84E9-A71ABAD54F23.jpeg

Thanks for organizing Julie
I feel like it was a triple crown event with the food, wine and company all shining.

Great breadth of wine and remarkable how well the pairings went with the menu. I felt every wine had its place at the table