OFFER EXTENDED: PROJECT M WINES: Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Riesling

In for the Zone 6 pack!

1 Like

Thanks Blake. We work really hard at developing structures that can stand the test of time but donā€™t require it. Iā€™d also add we have a similar focus with food; wines that compliment food but donā€™t demand it.

Great. Keep us posted on what you think!

1 Like

You may not find another winemaker trying to use their noodle more than Jerry, and I mean that in a good way.

1 Like

Classic Hamina!

Here is a brief discussion of the vineyards in our 2017 Single Vineyard Horizontal pack.

[media]Dropbox - IMG_2816.MOV - Simplify your life

Took a leap into the rieslings. Only have ever had German before.

1 Like

I had the opportunity to work alongside Jerry for a year or two and heā€™s one of my favorite people in the valley. Whip-smart, straight-forward as youā€™ll ever find and one hell of a winemaker. Buy! Buy! Buy!

1 Like

So I just opened the 2019 Pinot Noir ā€˜Personifyā€™ that I purchased on Newbie Day, and I am smitten after just a couple of sips. The fruit is definitely forward, but there is so much more going on from floral to earth, and just the right amount of tannin to hold all the elements in place. I was already a fan of the Project M Rieslings, and now itā€™s another piece of evidence that there are Pinot Noirs in Oregon that really resonate for me.

Now about shipping to Connecticutā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Now about shipping to Connecticutā€¦ > :wink:

ā€œThe difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little time.ā€
-Chef Alan Zeman

Thanks for the feedback. We view Riesling and Pinot Noir as the white and red grape most capable of the things we like to drink and make. Purity, precision elegance and transparency.

I would agree with your assessment!

In for a 6-pack of the 2016 Pinot Noir ā€˜in the zoneā€™!

1 Like

Whatā€™s the aging potential on the rieslings?

1 Like

Thanks for the support Brian. Let us know what you think when you taste them.

I had my last bottle of the 2016 in 2021, and it still had upside potential.

1 Like

Good question. I recently had a 2011 from the same vineyards made by me for another winery. Still plenty of life left. The 2016 is starting to show some of the ā€˜valve oilā€™ notes but still has plenty of stone and fruit.

1 Like

Most well made Oregon Rieslings will age a decade or two effortlessly. And Jerryā€™s are very well made.

Iā€™ve had Elk Cove Rieslings from the mid-70s that were delicious and not tired at all in 2010(35+ years under cork).

2 Likes

Shoot. One more question: How much petrol is on the nose?

Iā€™ve said this before, but Jerry has been making wine a long time. His wines show the deft touch that comes with experience. His resume is top notch and the wines heā€™s making now are elite wines at a remarkable value.

1 Like

I even told somebody to hire Jerry.

1 Like